Purple Heathers ((Dennor + Anko Fam))

It had been five months since Lukas had left his own house. He and Matthias never broke anything off, they both still loved each other dearly. Lukas just needed to make sure that Matthias was better, for his sake and for Emil's. Everyday since then Matthias had left bouquets of Purple Heathers at Tino's door step. They were Lukas' favorite flower, and he knew it. Everyday Lukas answered the door he smiled, genuinely for the first time in a while.

  For the first couple of weeks Lukas sulked in the guest bedroom. He didn't know what to do, the other half of his heart just got torn away from him, the girl Matthias cheated with was named Amelia, Alfred's sister and Matthias' ex from high school, before he met Lukas. Eventually Lukas ventured out of the room, and interacted with human beings.

  Every weekend from that day he took Emil to Matthias' house so they'd be together. Emil still loves his far dearly and Lukas didn't want to hurt him. The first couple times Lukas ignored the Danish man, then he warmed up. Greetings and small talk arised, then Matthias finally got to the point of briefly hugging Lukas. It was the highlight of his day.

   Matthias had given up drinking, and had stopped working with Amelia and Alfred all together. He couldn't bare to not be in the same house as Lukas. Luckily no divorce papers had been given to him, so he knew Lukas still loves him.

   Right now it was Saturday, Emil was sitting in Lukas' lap watching Tom and Jerry with Lukas leaning on Matthias' shoulder and Matthias' arm wrapped around Lukas. It was the little moments like these that had brought Matthias to his senses, and made him realize how badly he messed up. He looked over at Lukas and realized he had fallen asleep. He smiled before telling Emil to brush his teeth and hop in bed.

  Matthias carries the light Norwegian up to their once shared bed room. He laid Lukas in his usual spot and climbed into bed, Lukas shifted around feeing the familiar bed and turned towards Matthias. He cuddled into his chest smiling a little bit. "I promise I'll make it up to you kære" Matthias said running  his hands through Lukas' soft blonde hair. "You already did" Lukas said softly. He sat up and pressed his soft lips on the Danes before pulling back and cuddling back into him. "Jeg elsker deg"
"jeg elsker også dig"

—-

Kære - dear in Danish

jeg elsker deg - I love you in Norwegian

jeg elsker også dig - I love you too in Danish