Hoseok was stunned by your sudden outburst, and you could tell there was a little bit of fear in his eyes. A little uncertainty. At least that's what you told yourself.
"Y/N..." he spoke softly, taking a step or two toward you.
"Ever since I were born, my dad drank, blamed me for the source of his problems. According to him I'm the reason he left my mother. He wanted an abortion but my mother refused."
"Y/N-"
"One day his liver failed and he died. He used to curse the hell out of me but the bastard was still my father. At least he acted like it when he were sober." You explained coldly. "So I had my mother at least. She met my step dad and things were great for a while. We moved to this neighborhood and I met Taehyung and Jungkook. Then one day me and mom got into an accident. It was bad. Really-really bad." You stuttered, allowing your eyes to water. "I could see her, inside of her. Me, a 10 year old girl saw my mother's heart beating outside her chest. She was bleeding so much I figured I could stop it so I tried to hold her. I could feel her heart beating in the palms of my hands. I prayed and prayed for her to make it, for her to pull through, but of course, it didn't happen. And if that weren't enough, three years later I killed my best friend. I killed. Him. Jungkook is the only one who hasn't gone and I would like to keep it that way."
You looked Hoseok in his eyes, certain that you were piercing through his flesh like daggers. His eyebrows furrowed together, the corners of his lips dragged down his face as he blinked back the forming tears in his eyes.
"So when you ask me what my problem is, why I don't want you around me, know that it's not because I don't like you or don't want to be your friend. I do. I really-really do. I'd love to make friends. I would love to not have to worry if my presence would lead to their deaths, but that's not my reality Hoseok. If you care for me like this, it's only natural that I'll start to care for you too..I'll bring bad luck to you, just like I have for everyone else." You choked, the tears stuck in your eyes.
He opened his mouth to speak to you again, but the door swung open, Jungkook standing at the entrance with a glass of water and some pills. "I'm back, sorry it took a while to find them. Is the pain bad?" Jungkook questioned panting lightly, handing you the medicine.
"I'm okay. Thank you Kookie." You replied, swallowing the pills without a second thought.
"I want to get some rest. You two can go if you'd like."
Jungkook looked over to Hoseok, and then back to you. "Only if you agree to call me to tell me how you feel later. I'm right next door..sort of."
You nodded and smiled softly at Jungkook. He nodded his head, smiling softly at you in return. "Okay..." he mumbled as he gave you a hug. "Feel better Y/N."
He waved and guided Hoseok to the door. But Hoseok didn't move.
"Go..." you mouthed to him.
He simply shook his head and looked at Jungkook in the doorway. "I'll catch up to you, meet me by the door?"
Jungkook hesitated, but he nodded his head, closing the door behind him.
"Y/N-"
"Hoseok I'm not telling you again-"
"Listen to me." He sternly cut you off as he walked closer to you. "You talked earlier, and I listened. Now it's your turn to listen." He spoke softly. You sighed and watched as he sat beside your bed.
"You won't hurt me, I promise you. I hear what you're saying, but me ignoring someone I want to care for? That's not my, reality Y/N. I want to care for you, trust and believe me when I say I do, so please let me."
It was silent for a while, mostly because you didn't say anything. You weren't sure if you could at the moment.
"Wow." Taehyung breathed from the corner of the room. "I'm shook to the grave this is so cute." He whispered frailly, holding his chest as he slid down the wall. You rolled your eyes and looked back at Hoseok blankly. He observed your face with a small soft smile plastered across his own before resting his forehead on yours.
"I know we barely know each other, but just think about it."
He gave you a tight warm hug, before leaving your bedroom. You could feel how hot your face was, imagining how red you probably were made your heart pound against the walls of your chest. You could feel your pulse from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.
"What is with him.." you whispered to yourself, wide eyed.
"I told you he likes you." Taehyung mocked, crossing his arms.
"Shut up." You snapped back, brushing your hair out of your face. Taehyung chuckled and took the seat next to you.
"Are you going to let him care for you, Y/N?" He questioned you, rather curious to hear your answer. You shrugged and looked Taehyung in his eyes.
"I don't know if I can."
He smiled softly and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, making you lean against him as he laid his head on the top of yours.
"Don't worry...I'm here for you."

A/N:
A rather short chapter, but I hope you liked it , there was a lot in this chapter despite how short it was. Well, until next time reader 🙋🏾‍♀️ (two chapters in a day just for this lovely angel @infires_man_pardon )