Prologue

Adjusting his sleeves, he checked his clock for the second time. The moment he saw the file sent by his secretary Stephen, he had a feeling that very moment something big is going to happen. Something that is inevitable. He brushed of this unwanted feelings because he knew Arnav was someone who had full control on himself and his life. He was the ruler, not the other way round.

And the weather outside was not much of help. It was gloomy and was raining heavily. No matter how much he wanted to deny the uneasiness that caused his stomach to do back flips, he was unable to compose himself.

He met his secretary who is also his right hand man, Stephen in the living room of his apartment.

Arnav gave him the file and took the jacket from his hand before exiting the house. His housekeeper Mrs Kashap happily handed him over his regular oats that he happens to eat in his car. "Have a good day sir!" she wished him warmly before finding herself in his arm.

"Take care of the house, will you?" he asked kissing her lightly against her wrinkled cheeks. "And don't call me Sir, when we are alone, how many times do I have to remind you about it? Dont underestimate your contribution to this family. You are the only person to whom I will always be indebted for taking..."

"Arnav, will you shut up and go now?" his housekeeper scolded him with affection wiping away her pearl like tear that threaten to spill.

Arnav once again took her in his arms and kissed her head, "how am I going to manage all this without you darling?"

"Just like you manage your office you billionaire boy", she poked him playfully, "just like you have made this fortune", she gestured his house, "similarly you have to give your time to this house... to..."

"Sorry to interrupt you Sir, but your first meeting is scheduled at 7.30am after which you have an appointment with Khushi... erm... I mean the intern".

"Make sure you get Mrs. Kashap's tickets done and upgrade her to business class if you have to. Also make sure the car is available at her service till she gets back to her husband in Norway", Kabir barked his orders to his secretary momentarily irritated by the reminder of his meeting with Miss Gupta, "Damn it!"

Vasu, waited for Arnav holding the door open for his boss to enter. He was his chauffeur since his first car. He was more like a family to him just like his house keeper. To the world he might be just a chauffeur but to Arnav, he was his friend during his bad times. And a friend he valued the most.

"Good Morning" Arnav acknowledged him in a serious tone before pressing his shoulder in a friendly manner.

Stephen entered the car right after Arnav and kept the file beside him. Arnav undid the first button of jacket and made himself comfortable on the soft leather seat and sighed. He was deprived of this luxury once upon a time and now he has it all but it's because off... this thought was cut by his secretary when he said

"Boss we have received another threatening call from the authorities. Since that Lady, Sophia got transferred into this city, she had made sure that the authorities take a little bit more interest in your file. And well we have a bad news for you", Stephen hesitated.

"Spill the beans Steph".

"She refused the offer that I had sent to her and threatened to disclose it to the police...This lady..."

"Old Story Steph", Arnav stretched his long legs in front of him. "We have to contact Roshni as soon as possible". He closed his eyes momentarily recalling the old times. If he had an option he would have never contacted Roshni after what he had done to her best friend. He doesn't deserve her help. But for the first time in his life the situation is out of control and no one but Rosh would be able to help him.