Chap 24 : The Missing Piece

He was in his room, lost in some thoughts, leaning on the head rest of the bed covering his face with his hand.

Unlike other days gul was sleeping right beside him instead of sleeping in her crib. Her favorite tortie was beside her as always.

(tortie is a tortoise softy toy).

Whenever he was trying to get some sleep he was ending up visualizing Khushi. Her stupidity, her care, her helplessness, her sad face whenever he scolded her, her eyes'

Beautiful they are, her lashes

Have never seen such long black naturally curled lashes ever, her honey brown eyeballs which has so much of love. Her lips'

They are beautiful jut like two evergreen rose petals. Perfectly shaped and accurately pout, her neck'

which connects her head with her perfectly carved body, her bosoms'

He opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling removing his hand from his face. How harsh he was on her that day in the guesthouse. He bit her there. How much pain she must have felt?

He did not want to think further as it kept on reminding his something, which he wanted to forget.

He brushed of his imagination and walk up towards his bathroom.

He came out after something and sat on the bed. He looked at his sleepy beauty who looked a little red than usual day.

He looked at her lovingly and remembered her encounter with Khushi few hours back, how she was enjoying playing with her locket. How Khushi enjoyed feeding her and gul never protested.

Lost in all khushi's thoughts he leaned on Gul to kiss her forehead. The moment his lips touched her skin he froze.

He immediately cupped her face and was shocked to witness her skin burning with fever.

He picked her up and hugged her feeling a little shakey.

"paah!"

Arnav couldn't control any more he hugged her more and more and patted her back.

Gul kept her head on his shoulder and sucked her nipples. She stayed calm as her daddy was with her.

He paced around his room for sometime, literally blank when suddenly he remembered something.

He placed gul on the bed and tucked her with her comforter and then pulled his comforter on her.

He cupped her face again, she looked pale, her eyes still on Arnav, blinking occasionally.

"Will my princess stay her while papa get a thermometer and crocin syrup for you?"

Gul was about to make a crying face but Arnav kissed her forehead and said "Papa will be right back baby".

Gul sobbed a little but she was calm.

Arnav rushed towards Misha's room through the poolside and entered inside from the French window. He did not wanted to disturb misha as he knew she has got her weekly exam tomorrow.

He tiptoed near the bed ans saw Khushi sleeping peacefully. He sat on the bed beside her whatever space was there and started searching for baby thermometer.

Khushi was a deep sleeper, but tonight she could hardly sleep after the conversation with Misha hours back.

She immediately woke up when she heard some noise beside her. She was about to panic when Arnav stopped her from screeming covering her mouth with his palm.