Chapter 8

Honestly, you guys are unreal. Almost at 400 💕 let me know what you're thinking so far!

Dedicated to @_cabbie for voting! 

Bit of a moodboard for Trent and this book– gives a bit of an insight to the dark turns this book is going to take in the future x

.

"I wonder whats wrong with him now," Kristie grumbles, making me shoot her daggers and she holds up her hands in defence, becoming silent. I didn't need Matt to hear her say anything like that.

"Hi, babe, whats wrong?" I ask lightly, placing my hand on his forearm in comfort while smiling at Mrs Howard. My eyes pass over at Carter and I see him give me slimy smirk from behind my boyfriends head which makes me shudder.

I'd never get used him.

"Apparently, the boys and I are in another class, however, I'm trying to explain to Mrs Howard here that our timetables say differently," He states, eyes glaring at our poor teacher who looks like she can't be bothered with him.

"And like I have said, Mr Daley, in your hand you are holding an old copy of your timetable. Since the arrival of our new student's things have changed."

Mrs Howard's eyes are stern and pointed, their harsh almost grey like colour matching her hair which is tied up in a tight top bun. Although she looks mean, Mrs Howard was by far my favourite teacher and she was amazing when it came to English. She's definitely one of the reasons why I enjoyed the subject so much– she made it so interesting. It annoyed me that Matt was being so disrespectful to her when she was just doing her job but I stayed quiet, not wanting his anger to switch to me.

"This is a joke," Matt snarls, grabbing my arm, "Let's go to the other class then, it's not like we're losing a good teacher."

Carter laughs at his comment and turns away while Matt begins to drag me away too but Mrs Howard stops him with a cough.

"Actually, Mr Daley, I think you'll find Miss Williams is in this class," she glances to Kristie, "As is Miss Kennedy."

Matt's fingers tighten around my wrist as his head turns sharply, pulling me into him, "What?" He hisses and I resist the urge to whimper at the pressure around my hand. "Why would she be in this class if they've changed?" His voice is low and I feel my heartbeat increase as I recognise the tone, "Do you know anything about this?" He questions me, his icy blue eyes pinning me to the spot.

Oh god.

"The Principle said he was trying to mix the classes," I stammer out, "I didn't know I wouldn't be in this class with you." His grip doesn't loosen and he continues to stare at me, his eyes trying to find out if I'm lying.

I glance at Kristie and I'm sure my eyes are begging for help because her face turns murderous.

"Would you let her go," Kristie demands, ripping my wrist out of Matt's grip and placing me on the other side of her, "Elle didn't have anything to do with this, it's random selection," She turns to our teacher, "Right, Mrs Howard?"

My stomach sinks as Mrs Howard shakes her head, making Matt grin in triumph.

"I told you they're like this specifically!" Matt growls, glaring at me.

"Yes, Mr Daley, you're correct," the old woman smiles, taking a hold of my arm and pulling me into the classroom, Kristie closely behind, "The classes are not random."

Matt and Carter give each other smug looks, their arms crossed over their body. I'm glad Mrs Howard pulled me into the classroom, I wouldn't have wanted to be outside alone with Matt right now. She motions for the two boys to move out of the doorway so she can shut the door and they do take a step back much to my surprise, however, Matt's hand slams onto the wood, holding it open.