Chapter 23

Hello my angels! 

This book is currently number #61 in the wolf tag and im literally dying. We're also almost at 59K reads, honestly it's hard to believe you guys can't hear my screaming from Scotland.

Thank you so much for all the love and support, you're the best people on earth and I love you all immensly.

Pre warning- this chapter is going to make you feel things. I can't wait for the reactions, I LOVE YOU ALL XXXXX

I wanted to pic a fav comment from the last chapter but it was too difficult – whoever leaves the best comment this chapter gets a shoutout xxxx

.

.

"Honestly, I don't know how you've managed to get her wrapped around your finger so quick. The woman doesn't even let me call her Margaret, let alone Maggie."

Trent has taken me on a walk into the woods.

And however crazy and scary that sounds, for some reason I'm not worried.

It's like no matter what he does, I trust him to look after me, and it seems like Obi does too because he happily trotted into the forest, despite being scared of it the last time we passed it.

"I just have that charm," Trent winks and I roll my eyes and continuing walking, following him through the trees, a faint path under our feet but I doubt Trent even needs it with how confidently he strolls.

It was a warm night and I'd considered taking off my jacket, however, the long sleeves of it protected my skin from the sharp branches that we were passing through and so it remained on, tight against my skin. It was just a thin work out jumper with a zip at the throat, but it was enough. My legs, on the other hand, were a bit worse off. I was wearing cropped patterned leggings and so my calves and ankles had been receiving a bit of torture from lower bushes and such, but it was nothing too serious and there was no way I wanted to turn around and go back. I felt like I was on an adventure.

"How do you know your way so well?" I ask and Trent glances at me briefly, shrugging.

"I don't really, just following the path."

I frown at his answer, knowing that that isn't it at all but before I can say anything he spins around and halts my walking, my foot hovering in mid-air.

"Don't put your foot down," he orders and I stand in shock, waiting for him to explain. Instead, he slowly pushes away a branch from where my foot was about to land and reveals silver metal underneath, spikes glinting in the setting sun.

"Is that a trap?" I gasp, taking a step back and then immediately I freeze, terrified that there would be more around me, "A trap for what?"

Trent sighs and stands back up, leaving it completely uncovered, his face coated in a pained look.

"It's for wolves," he states simply as if he hadn't just told me that a dangerous predator could be lurking around is. "They're no good though, the people that lay them put them in the most obvious places and leave their scent everywhere, plus the metal makes a noise whenever you walk near it because of the vibrations in the ground."

My mouth drops in shock as I take in his words, suddenly feeling a little unsafe.

"Is Obi okay to be in here?" I gasp, looking for the dog and Trent quickly grabs my arm.

"He's fine, he's a dog, he can smell the same things. He's not stupid." I warily nod but I'm still not one hundred per cent convinced. "Look, do you trust me?" he asks and I sigh.