Chapter 25

YOU GUYS!!!!!
100K reads and 7K votes. Im honestly gobsmacked by the support i love you all so much. Im home from canada and my new life goal is now to live there forever. I may have even gotten a maple leaf tattoo... I'm super sorry that it's been weeks since I uploaded, life has been hectic and I had to try and recover from jet leg but I love you all and the support is insane. I can't believe I've been writing this book for 2 months and it's at 100K already. Literally, I cried. You're all so amazing and I don't deserve you guys.
The man above is Nick Bateman who is a stunning man that i have followed on instagram for many years and i have only now realised how similar him and trent (older trent) are. yummy.
Again, sorry about delayed uploads and bad editing within chapter, writing this all up on a broken and very annoying phone so its not going to be the best quality but i hope you guys still enjoy!
Love you all xx

There are these amazing things that happen to people which are past the point of understanding or being able to explain.

There are moments which the person themselves cannot even comprehend, let alone tell another soul about it and I believe that they happen a lot more than anyone realises because everyone is too scared to talk about them.

Someone seeing a car shoot past them or watching as they narrowly escape death when their car veers off a side of the road and it's only a stone that saves them is a small one.

A big one would be a child somehow managing to survive a ten-metre drop because a tree happened to sway into the right place and lower them down at the last second.

Things that happen that you wouldn't believe.

And you can never prepare for.

This was one of those moments.

I'd had a pretty uneventful day at school after the lunchtime fiasco; Cam had walked me to every class and even met me after school, and despite the glares I had been constantly receiving from a six foot something hunk of meat, I had enjoyed myself.

It was as if Cam being back and Matt being away gave me a breath of fresh air, and for a little while, I was able to pretend that everything in life was simple and easy.

After that I got Kristie to give me a lift back to my house and when I'd seen that my fathers car was absent from the front a shot of relief had flown through me- I didn't know if I could deal with Matt and him in the same night.

Kristie had felt bad about not being able to stay because she had to go home and help Linda cook but I understood.

Everyone had their responsibilities.

The house, as usual, was a bit of a mess; bottles were littered across the ground and there were wrappers on almost every countertop, but at least I was alone.

It hadn't taken long to clean everything up, I even had time to clean the shelves lining the walls and it was almost therapeutic, the last little bit of peace I had before I had to be constantly switched on and doing something.

It was at that moment, when I was standing at the window wiping down the glass, that I had seen something that caught my attention out in the backyard.

It wasn't very noticeable at first but as I made my way outside and onto the back porch, it caught more and more sun and the glare was impossible to miss.

I had casually made my way over to it, not thinking it would be anything major and when I reached it I realised that I was wrong.

It was a necklace.

Not a simple and cheap one, this one looked as though it was an old relic, like an heirloom that someone had accidentally left behind and as I bent down to pick it up the wind rushed through my hair and the leaves around me rustled.