Chapter 70

HI ANGELS! 

As I said, I'm wanting to finish this in the next two weeks at MAX so be prepared for multiple uploads and such!! 

Honestly, This chapter was meant to be shorter but I genuinely love this book so much that I can't stop writing so enjoy it in it's almost 4,000 word glory xxxx

Eternal love for you all x 

.

.

.

CHAPTER 70

By the time it hits lunch, I know something is wrong. 

Not only have I not seen Kristie or Cam, but neither of them are answering their phones. 

When I'm finally free of class, I pretty much sprint to her locker in hopes of them being there. 

 I don't take notice of the clumps of people around me or the shouts that follow me as I shove people out of the way - the only thing on my mind is my two best friends and the fact that they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth. 

I already know before I even turn the corner that they're not going to be there. This feeling in my chest continues to grow, like a beacon warning me that something was happening. 

Or had already happened. 

My breath shakes as I try to inhale deeply, my hands rattling against the metal of the locker, making the lock hanging there hit the frame. 

It catches my attention. 

Maybe there was something in her locker that could help. 

People bash into me as I try to steady myself and focus, my hands sweating as I attempt to spin the dial to the correct number. 

The sound around me increases as more people pour out of classrooms and it might just be that I'm panicking but I could swear it's ten times louder than usual. 

My heart races as I curse myself, the lock slipping from my fingers again and I slam my hand, the sound vibrating out and quieting the people around me. 

Almost immediately, however, they continue to move and the sounds are louder, the whispering following me but I can't quite catch what they're saying. 

Finally, the locker swings open and I rummage through her belongings, trying to find something that might tell me where she is. 

After this, I would go and check Cam's. I would find Tom to see if he had spotted either of them, I would-

My throat tightens as a picture falls out of Kristie's locker and I already I know whose in it. 

Our two pubescent faces smile at the camera, our braids knotted together and teeth gleaming as we eat ice cream. 

It was one of the first photos we had ever gotten together, only days after we had met. I could still remember the taste of the dessert - I'd picked cotton candy and Kristie had picked birthday cake. We'd eaten so much that we were almost sick.

Mrs Grenway had taken the photo. 

I couldn't lose her too.

Through the fog of memories, a voice walking past me catches my attention. 

Another dead body.

All at once, my world stills. 

In the forest.