Chapter 16

(Just letting you guys know that this is my favourite scene I've written so far and I love you all)

Dedicted to @4444Eva4444 for her constant votes and constant support on this book! 

As we walk I take the opportunity to actually look at him properly for the first time tonight and I can feel myself smiling when I see his familiar leather jacket wrapped around his muscles. He's wearing the same as usual, a white top and black jeans but somehow I wasn't bored of it, I could stare at him wearing that outfit every day for the rest of my life and I think I would think that he looks as good as the day before every time.

"I didn't know you were here," I mumble, wanting to make conversation with him as my nerves start to nibble at my mind, doing anything to distract myself from what just happened.

"Tracey invited a few of us, her words being 'any good looking guys are allowed to come'."

"Seriously?" I ask, slightly gobsmacked and Trent smirks at me as we start to walk down the stairs, the smile on my face breaking out as I shake my head in disbelief at Tracey.

"Seriously," he replies.

"So you thought you made the cut?" I tease as we reach the bottom and he steps off the stairs, turning to look at me with an eyebrow raised.

"You don't think I'm a good looking guy?"

It's not his words that make me stumble, it's the wink that he throws in with it and before I know it I trip on the last step, my legs feeling like jelly.

Trent easily catches me and holds me up, chuckling as he steadies me on my feet, "You should really just stop wearing heels, there are safer ways to get me to touch you."

He seems to realise his words immediately because his eyes snap to mine and the smile fades from his lips as we look at each other, the realisation of how close we are dawning on both of us.

My cheeks heat up under his gaze as I try not to think about his words and the dirty thoughts that are trying to break into my mind, his lips being the focus of most of them and it's only now that I can see the slight cut in one of them and I watch as his tongue slips out and licks it as if noticing my stare.

I flick my eyes up to his again and my whole body seems to thrum as I look into them, feeling as though I'm looking into a pool of molten gold and it's as if they are pulling me into him, making me want to itch closer and peer in further.

I study his entire face, drifting between his jaw to his nose and all the way up to his eyes before repeating the cycle, just wanting to take in as much of him as possible and it seems like he's doing the same. I can't help but settle my stare on his lips after a moment, my core clenching at the sheer beauty of him.

Of course, I think you're good looking.

I don't realise that I've said the words out loud until Trent's shocked expression flits across his face and his nostrils flare, his facing moving in even closer to mine.

"I didn't mean to say that out loud," I whisper, my cheeks on fire and I want the ground to swallow me whole as I look away from him.

Why couldn't the music have drowned that out?

A gentle but calloused hand touches my cheek and slowly brings my head back around. I feel myself sink into their palm a little as my head tilts and I close my eyes taking in a deep breath, embracing the warmth and comfort that the one-touch provides me.

"Elle," his rough voice whispers as if hoarse and I open my eyes, smiling softly at him. His chest tenses in response and I feel his hand shake a little on my cheek as I reach up carefully and wrap my fingers around his.