Chapter 40

CHAPTER FRICKEN 40!!!!!!

This is a massive deal for me because I never thought I could write a book for this long or stick to it or receive the support i've gotten from you guys it's actually unreal. We're at 384 THOUSAND reads, we're in the lists for romance and wolf books and honestly it just makes me wants to cry, i can't thank you guys enough. Please keep voting and commenting, I'd love for our family to get even bigger!

This chapter is A BIG ONE!!!!!!! in length and in content - massive point of the story and also almost 5,000 words but I wanted to treat you guys and celebrate hitting 40 chapters so I really hope you enjoy.

I loved seeing where all you guys were form - shout out to the americans, canadians, brazilians, australians and all you other guys who are across the world reading this book! It's honestly like a dream and I appreciate every single one of you.

I love you guys with all my heart.

Enjoy x

.

I can't even begin to comprehend what she's telling me and for a moment I think she's joking, I want to believe she's joking, but I know she's telling the truth.

She can't see them.

"Elle are you okay?"

Was I imagining them?

No. Trent had showed me it.

"Why can I see them, and she can't?" I mumble, staring at the back of Trent's head and I put all my focus on him and trying to get him to turn around, to look at me and explain everything.

I want answers.

My fingers curl around metal and Trent's head snaps back to mine, his eyes ablaze with something I don't recognise, and it knocks the wind out of me.

Tell me what's happening to me.

Slowly, shock forms on his features as I glare at him, his brows pulling together and for the first time he looks completely lost for words and panic begins to set in.

What if he was supernatural?

For some reason the thought had never occurred to me, I hadn't really taken the time to even consider it but now it just seemed far too obvious.

The tingles he gave me when he touched me, the way he seemed to be so unnaturally beautiful and strong.

The invisible tattoo on his neck.

Trent cuts eye contact with me and turns around, his head leaning into Cole whose gaze flickers to me in panic as he tries to inconspicuously watch me, but I see him.

Cole must be too.

Automatically, I stand up, sights set on the two boys who are anxiously whispering, and I feel my feet start to move before a hand grabs me.

"Where are you going?" Kristie hisses as the hall starts to quiet down.

"I need answers," I tell her, and she shakes her head, yanking me into the seat beside her.

"Not right now, the principle is about to speak."

Right enough, Principle Knowles is hushing the crowd and walking to the front of us all, practically our whole year sits in front of him and I don't miss the look of sadness that coats his expression.

Dread sets in as he clears his throat and looks out at us all, so silent that I pin could be heard if it was dropped.

"Good afternoon seniors," he begins with a shaky voice, the teachers behind him all clumped together as they sniff and dab at their eyes with tissues.