Chapter 36

"Holy shit."

That was the first comment left on my post about finally uploading again and honestly I feel the exact same way this is UNREAL. Not only has this book now surpassed the amount of reads, votes and comments that the original version of this story had but I have over 2.1K of you following this journey AND in the first two hours that I uploaded Chapter 35 it had 300 reads, 45 votes and not to mention the boundless amounts of supportive and loving comments from you guys. It's now been around 24 hours and we're almost at 1K reads and over 130 votes. I feel like I'm in a dream. I was so terrified that you guys wouldn't have stuck around but here you are and I'm so happy.

I love you all with all my heart

This chapter is a little dark - there's a warning and a guide for people who want to avoid reading it - nothing insanely heavy but everyone has different triggers x

Thank you my lovelies, I hope you enjoy x

.

.

I storm through the school halls, my mind whirling with thoughts that I can't all put together and with every passing moment I just get more and more frustrated about it until my body feels so tense that I think it might shatter into pieces.

I spot Kristie a few steps away, just coming out of an empty classroom and I quickly grab her and drag her back in, her shocked exclamations silencing when she sees it's me and I close the door behind us before spinning around to face her.

She looks at the tensions shaking through my bones and raises her eyebrows.

"Everything okay?" she asks sarcastically and I sigh, my head dropping into my hands and my fingers curling into my hair. "Elle?"

"You would tell me if everyone was keeping something from me, right?" I ask her and she looks taken aback.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, if all our friends and I don't know, hypothetical best friends and crushes were all acting weird, you'd tell me if you knew why, right?"

She frowns and crosses her arms.

"I'm actually insulted that you'd even have to ask that," she states, "Of course I'd tell you."

I groan and sit down in one of the chairs, the hope I had of Kristie being able to tell me something vanishing at her words and she quickly sits beside me and takes my hand.

"Elle, what's wrong?"

I sigh.

"That's the issue, I don't know." Her eyebrows furrow. "Cam is being so strange to me, about Trent and about being friends with him and he got so angry earlier, he's never snapped at me like that. I don't know if I've done something or if something is going on with them or what but I just can't figure it out and no one will tell me anything."

Kristie's lips almost tilt into a smirk as she shakes her head softly.

"You're so clueless, aren't you?" she chuckles and the confusion only grows as well as my panic.

Did she know something? Was she lying?

"Have you ever thought that maybe Cam is just jealous of Trent?"

"Jealous?" I half laugh and my body relaxes a little, "Why on earth would he be jealous of Trent?"

Kristie looks at me as though I'm an idiot and I shove her slightly, snapping her out of her stare.