Chapter Thirteen

The next morning they all wake up and are downstairs eating. Masky gets the conversation started up.

"You all ready for the challenge?" They are all just talking about it while Sally sits there confused.

"What's the challenge?" She asked. They all stop talking and look at her.

"It's where we stay in a locked up padded room for two hours without something we like. For example, we lock Jeff up without his knifes. He goes crazy after the hour and thirty minute mark. He never passes the challenge."

"Do I get to play?" She smiles at them.

"Yea you get to play we all do every year. We do this to help us out but we end up just laughing our asses off at each other." Hoody tells her.

"When do we start?"

"Now Ben's going first." Masky says. They drag Ben into some room Sally has never seen in the house. It has cameras in the corners and microphones so they can hear. Ben goes in the room. They sit in the living room watching.

"We took all of Ben's electronics since he's addicted to them." Jeff tells Sally. They sit there watching Ben but after an hour he breaks wanting his computer. When time runs up they let him out then Masky steps in.

He can't have any cheesecake and they have them set around in the room. He starts out fine but he breaks also. After him it's Hoody, then Jeff, then EJ, then Jill and then the puppeteer. They all break but Jill, the puppeteer, and EJ. Now it is Sally's turn.

She steps in and they lock the door behind her. There is a few dolls on the floor. She walks over and sits down playing with them. "I can do this. I can be alone for two hours." Sally continues to play. After thirty minutes pass she starts to panic and puppeteer notices.

"Oh shit here we go." He says. They all look at him. "Watch this is what happens when you leave her alone for long periods of time." They look at the screen watching.

She gets up dropping the dolls going to the door. "I can't do this let me out!" She bangs on the door with bloody tears rolling down her face. She paces around the room with tears still streaming down her face. After about five minutes have pasted she sits in the corner with her knees to her chest.

"Don't panic. Don't panic. I'm fine. I won't lose everything. This is just a test. They won't leave me alone. I'm not going to be alone again." She still has tears coming down her face. Masky and Hoody are watching her about to cry.

"We have to let her out." Hoody says.

"She's only been in there an hour." Jeff tells him.

"I told you she fears being alone." Puppeteer tells them.

"I'm fine. Don't panic." She sits there rocking back and forth trying to calm down. She starts singing the puppeteer's song. "They call me the puppeteer, my fingers are thin and my hands are stained with my tears, for the puppets I steer, with my stings and dreams. They call me the puppeteer, I have no friends, alike you. For nobody saw the value of my friendship, but in the end they call become my friends, with my strings and dreams. They call me the puppeteer, my body dark and my eyes hunger of gold. In my eyes, no one is alone. And with my strings and dreams, you shall be my friend to." She keeps rocking while repeating the song.

Ben looks at the puppeteer. "You had to teach her the weird ass song?"

"Hey don't start with me elf I don't see you being able to read people little lover elf." He starts dying laughing while Ben glares at him.

After a few times she calms down and gets out of the corner to play with her dolls but then starts to panic again.

"How much longer guys?! This is not funny anymore!" She begins crying again looking up at one of the cameras. She only has five minutes left. She bangs on the door wanting out. When time is up she is sitting in front of the door crying and repeating that she is fine and not to panic.

Jeff opens the door and as soon as it opens she runs out. She moves so fast they don't see her come out. Sally grabs into puppeteer's legs crying and clinging to him.

"Don't make me go back in there." She says between sobs. Hoody and Masky walks over to her then she clings onto them.

"Shhh it's ok Sally we are not sending you back in. Now do you remember what I told you before?" The puppeteer says but she doesn't answer. "We will never leave you Sally. You won't lose us, that will never happen. Now where's that sweet innocent manic we all love?" She giggles and looks up at him smiling.

She let's go of Hoody's and Masky's legs. "She's fine now. It takes a few minutes after she breaks down to bring her back." Puppeteer tells them. Sally runs around the house with the guys playing with her. She stops running causing the guys to trip.

"What the hell Sally?!" Jeff asked.

"I since something." She says. Sally starts out of the house with Ben following close behind. After following the path to where she is being pulled to she stops. A note is hanging on the tree she reads it.

'Lets play Sally. You won't win this time.' She freezes and drops the note. Ben picks it up reading it. He picks Sally up holding her.

"It's ok Sally we won't let him get up." Ben kisses her forehead before walking back to the mansion with her and the note. When they walk in Sally is still clinging to him and Jeff is just looking at him.

"What the fuck Ben?" Jeff laughs but Ben doesn't answer he just hands Jeff the note and he reads it. "Damn it!" He practically screams. Everyone comes in the room.

Jeff hands the note to Hoody to read aloud. "'Lets play Sally. You won't win this time.'" They all know who it is.

"I thought I got rid of him." Sally cries into Ben's shoulder. "I thought it was over."

"Shhh calm down Sally. We won't let him get you." Ben tells her. They don't know what to do or how to pry Sally off of Ben. She won't let go as if her life depended on it but it might just possibly do depend on it.

"I'm tired Ben." Sally says softly in his ear.

"Ok I'll take you upstairs, puppeteer is already up in your room."

"I want to stay with you tonight." Ben stops half way up the stairs.

"Ok you can stay with me but don't wonder off in the mornings we need to keep an eye on you." She shakes her head then Ben continues on to his room. When he walks in he kicks the door shut behind him and carries her over to the bed. He sits her down then lies down. Sally cuddles up to him lying her head on his chest. Ben is surprised but he wraps his arms around her.

He smiles at her warmth. Sally falls asleep lying there and Ben looks down at her still smiling. He kisses her forehead making sure not to touch the gash. Ben whispers into Sally's ear although she is sound asleep. "I think I love you Sally. I promise not to let that bastard hurt you again." He tightens his grip on her bringing her closer before he falls asleep.