Day Two

"Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up"

I opened my eyes at the sound of my doorbell ringing. I scoffed out of annoyance before rolling over, pulling my comforter even more over my head, trying to drown out the noise until whoever it was decided to leave me alone.

"Kookieeee!" A deep voice sang outside while knocking a beat on the door.

"Goddammit." I forced myself out of bed, dragging my feet to the door, throwing it open. "What?"

"Good morning, Jungkook. Sorry to wake you, but I have a full day planned for trying to get you your memory back!"

"Oh. It's you, the, uh, guy who is way too determined to help me. What was your name again?"

"Taehyung."

"Right." I ran a hand through my greasey hair. "Listen, Taehyung, I'm not really feeling it."

"That's what you said yesterday." He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "I won't give up, you know." He mumbled something else that I couldn't quite catch.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I've heard that I can be quite stubborn." I yawned, dramatically putting a hand over my nose.

"No shit. You threw a beer bottle at me last month, screaming for me to get the hell out because you thought I was your ex."

I chuckled, but felt a small sense of guilt. "I remember that actually."

"Wow, shocking. You actually remember something?" He raised his eyebrows in a mocking-manner, making me laugh a little.

"Yes, I'm not a complete dumbass. Some aspects of my memory are coming back or stick with me."

He frowned, his eyes falling to his shoes. "Yet you still don't remember me? At all?"

I scoffed, leaning again the door jam. "I remember you bothering me yesterday, but that's about it."

"Okay, well... are you ready to go? Did you want to shower before we go?"

"Oh, I'm not going with you. I'm going back to sleep. Goodbye, Taeyang."

"It's Taehyung," I heard him whisper as I shut the door, locking it behind me.

••••

Yoongi was at work, and the silence outside of the television started getting to be too much for me, so I pulled out my phone and dialed the only other friend I had.

"Yo."

"Namjoon! I'm bored. Let's do something."

"Jungkook? I'm with Jin. I'm sorry, but I haven't seen him in like two weeks."

"Who is Jin?" I quirked an eyebrow at the name that sounded vaguely familiar, but that I couldn't place.

I heard some rustling on the other line before Namjoon replied. "Jin? He's my boyfriend. Taehyung's boss?"

Taehyung? The name sounded familiar too, and I felt a lump in my throat. "Wh-who is Taehyung?"

Namjoon chuckled. "Oh, Jungkook. You're memory isn't getting much better is it?"

"Clearly not."

"Well, I heard that Taehyung is trying to help you. Maybe you should quit being a little bitch and actually give it a chance. It might work." He hung up, sounding a little frustrated with me.

"God fucking dammit!" I threw my phone across the sofa, gripping the hair on my head tight as I felt a few tears sting my eyes.

My eyes wandered around the space I had surrounded myself in for the past three months. It was all basic. Yoongi had removed anything that might confuse me, so there were no personal touches, such as photographs. It was probably a good thing. I wouldn't remember the people or events in the photos anyway.

My phone had somehow disappeared while I was in my coma, so I lost all of the pictures and contacts. I was starting fresh. It sounded nice, but in reality I wished I had everything. I could see who my friends were. I could text people whom I didn't realize I knew. I think it would actually help in the process of trying to regain my memory.

It would help me to not feel so utterly alone.

•••

May add more later but I'm too lazy to worry about it now