Days Twenty-Eight and Twenty-Nine

"It's killing me, killing me
But the pop-ups are thrilling me
Adrenaline junkie burning, is keeping me hungry
It's a swift left hook, but I'm taking a punch or two
So, I can take a few from you"

"Hey Yoongi, where has Tae been? I haven't seen him in like a week."

Yoongi scoffed as he leaned further into his chair, taking a sip of his coffee. "He told me he's been busy with work. He's supposed to come by in a few hours, but he said he'll probably be too tired." I didn't miss the slight eye roll he gave me as he spoke.

I nodded. "Well, I always have Baekhyun to hang our with." I said it softly, almost to myself. I was about to add something else, louder, when I noticed Yoongi looking past me. I turned and saw Hoseok behind the counter, helping out a customer. I chuckled. "God, just fucking marry him already!"

Yoongi's eyes went wide. "Oh, um... about that."

"What?"

He put a finger over his lips as he looked around, checking to make sure the coast was clear. He slipped a hand into the pocket of his jacket, pulling out a small black box.

"Oh my God, Yoongi!" I whispered, trying to contain my excitement. He opened the box quickly, giving me a sneak peek at the ring before shutting it and stuffing it back into his pocket. I clapped my hands together happily, smiling from ear to ear.

"I plan on doing it in a few weeks. I just picked it up on my way over here."

"I'm so proud of you, man. You two are so damn happy, and I know you are meant to be with him." I cheered him with my cup before taking a sip of my drink. I couldn't help but notice the smile in the older's eyes.

••••••

Day Twenty-Nine

As usual, my feet walked along the familiar path, my hands deep in the pockets of my tan coat. The air was getting colder outside, my breaths leaving puffs of white.

My cold knuckles knocked on the door, the same as always. I was whistling to myself, rocking back and forth on my heels as I waited patiently. I had a good feeling today. It would be a good day, I knew it.

The door swung open and my heart froze. Jungkook stood there, hair disheveled, and wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. His skin was pale, making the dark purple marks on his chest stand out more.

"Oh-oh my God." It came out like a whisper. I could practically hear the sound of my heart breaking in those three words from my mouth. My head felt heavy as I clutched at my chest.

Jungkook's eyes went wide as he covered his body shyly with the door. "Crap, sorry. I, uh, forgot to throw some clothes on, I guess."

I nodded, unable to speak. My throat was closing up, making my breaths become more panicked.

I heard the same voice singing Jungkook's name before he appeared, also wearing only his boxers. He had a dark hickey on the corner of his neck and shoulder. Tears stung my eyes as I stumbled backwards, breaths becoming increasingly shallow.

Jungkook and Baekhyun were silent in the doorway as I ran off. I couldn't do it anymore. This time I didn't even hear Jungkook calling out my name.

I whipped out my phone, dialing the person I had grown increasingly close to since Jungkook's memory had gone to shit.

"Yoongi."

The older male groaned on the other line, clearly just now waking up. "What is it, Taehyung? It's nap time!"

"I-he-" I stopped running, taking in a few shaky breaths before I began to walk quickly, desperate to get back home. "I went to his place and he was covered in h-hickeys. Baekhyun was there. I don't think I can fucking do it, Yoongi. His memory isn't getting any better and clearly he doesn't care about me at all. He had fucking hickeys!"

"That's not true. He cares, he just doesn't know how to show it. He's confused, that's all."

I shook my head, despite the fact that Yoongi couldn't see me. "I-I don't know. I think I just need some time. I need a new approach."

Yoongi sighed, obviously annoyed. "I will tell Kook to get his shit together. Don't give up on him."

"I won't, I-I promised I would help him. I said I wouldn't give up. I haven't given up, I just... it hurts too much right now. I need some time to recover, I, um... I need to go. I'll talk to you soon." I hung up before Yoongi would try to tell me something else. Jungkook and I technically aren't dating, since he can't even remember anything about me half of the time, but it still pains me. It makes me feel nauseous, sick to my stomach. My whole body feels like its frozen in a block of ice, unable to break through and reach freedom.

I change into some comfortable clothes before crawling into my bed, wrapping my comforter tightly around me, embracing the warmth that it brought me. My eyes felt heavy from lack of sleep, but I knew sleep would be hard to come by. They grew heavier and heavier until I couldn't keep them open anymore. I let them fall closed, despite having the sun shine through the windows of my bedroom.

••••

Lol I already know how I am going to end the story. Now it's only a matter of getting there.