Sixty-Five

"How can you be so beautiful?
Am I dreaming?
Maybe I went to space
And stood in front of the brightest, most beautiful star
No word can explain you
Who shines the brightest in the world
You are the most dazzling star
Out of all the other stars around you"

I opened my eyes and squinted at my surroundings. My eyes landed on a sleeping figure next to me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, planting a kiss on the back of his neck. He moved closer to me, his hands holding mine.

"Good morning baby."

"Mmm morning Tae!"

He turned around in my arms, our faces only an inch or so apart.

"You should go brush your teeth." Jungkook chuckled.

I huffed. "Why?"

"Because you have morning breath. I got up early and brushed my teeth but you didn't."

I laughed and unwrapped myself from around his body. I walked into his bathroom and frowned.

"Kookie! I stayed the night here without meaning to."

Jungkook laughed. "It's okay, I like having you here."

"No! I mean I didn't bring my toothbrush or clothes or anything."

"You don't need clothes, it's fine." I could hear him smirking from the other room. I shook my head at his words.

As I lay back down in bed, we resumed our previous position. "Baby, I need to wear clothes."

"You don't need clothes for the stuff that I had in mind, but the mood is gone if you can't brush your nasty ass teeth." Jungkook playfully pushed me away.

"Oh hush!" I nudged him back and snuggled my head into his neck, inhaling his sweet scent. "Hey Kookie?"

He hummed in response as his fingers rubbed geometric shapes onto my skin.

"I just... I'm so glad to have you back to me."

"Aww Tae. I'm so happy that I realized how much I love you."

I felt myself blush as I buried my head further into his skin.

We stayed wrapped in each other's arms for a while, until I heard soft snores from Jungkook. I chuckled as I looked at his face, mouth open slightly and hair falling into his eyes. I swept his hair out of his eyes and kissed his forehead. He moved a little at my touch, but didn't open his eyes.

I checked the time on the alarm clock, and frowned. I untangled myself from his embrace and snuck out of the bed. I found my phone and keys on the nightstand and picked them up before turning back to face Jungkook.

I shook him lightly, earning a few groans of disapproval and annoyance before he finally opened his eyes. He stretched a little and smiled at me weakly.

"Hey Kookie, I'm sorry but I have to head home. I have work in an hour and I still need to change and shower."

"Hmm... Okay. Are you coming back tonight?"

"No baby, I'm sorry. I'm closing so it'll be late. I'll come by tomorrow, I promise you."

Jungkook nodded and made grabby hands at me. I chuckled as I grasped his hands and gave him a long kiss on the lips.

When we broke it off, I ruffled his hair before starting to leave the bedroom.

Jungkook shouted after me, making me laugh. "Oh, and be sure to brush your teeth at home too."

"I love you! See you tomorrow babe!"

"Woah, is that Taehyung? Here early? Are you feeling okay?" Jin put a hand on my forehead to check for a fever, but I only smacked it off.

"Yah! I feel fine. I just... got here early."

"Mmhmm. I call bullshit. You're never early. The store isn't even open yet and you don't work for another few hours. What's up?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, trying to avoid his soft eyes. "It's nothing. I just wanted to get a few more hours in. I've had to take time off to help Jungkook so I need to make up for it. I need to save money."

"Does Jungkook know that you're scared?"

I recoiled from his question. "Scared? Of what?"

"Of hurting him. You won't tell him that you were kicked out of your apartment and that you're crashing with me. You don't want him to blame himself for you not being able to afford your rent."

I didn't respond. I didn't know how to. Jin knew me too well, and I hated how he could read me like a book without even trying.

Jin put a hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Not in the mood to respond to your hyung? Alright then." He smiled at me, making me smile in return. "Lucky for you, Changbin call in sick so I could use you. Go ahead and clock in."

I bowed at my boss. "Thank you so much, Jin hyung!"

"Yeah yeah! Just make sure to buy our groceries for the next week."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I nodded, walking to the back of the store to set my keys and phone down and clock in for my extended shift.

•••
Lol I lost my phone in a crowded
Vans store today because I dropped it in a box of shoes😅