Day Ninety-Eight

Lol my classes are already kicking my ass even though today was my second day, so no song lyrics because ya girl is exhausted.

It's also shorter than normal for me. Sorry y'all. 😂

I stood behind the counter, inhaling the sweet scent of cake mixed with the coffee beans brewing behind me. I felt a large smile spread across my lips as I saw one of my old customers enter the shop, ordering her usual drink and making conversation with me.

I had missed this place. The smell, the people, the free access to the food. It made me feel like I belonged somewhere. It made me feel like I had people surrounding me who cared about me. All morning I have had customers asking me how I am feeling. Apparently I am quite the hit at this small, mediocre coffee shop.

Once I handed the customer her order, watching her leave the small shop, I turned around to start cleaning around the machines. I was feeling tired from not having the endurance needed for standing on my feet for so long. My back ached and my legs were sore. It had been too long since I had had such freedom of standing and moving around.

"Oh Kookieeee!"

The familiar deep voice sang as the bell above the door chimed. I whipped around towards the door, and I couldn't contain my smile as my handsome boyfriend skipped towards me, leaning over the counter to give me a quick kiss on the lips. I could smell his expensive cologne. He wore his Gucci clothes, reserved for working at the store. He was so handsome normally, but his face always glowed brighter when he wore his favorite brand of clothing.

"Good morning, Tae!"

Taehyung leaned his elbows on the counter. "How does it feel to be back to your mediocre job?"

I laughed. "Great considering I don't have to sit at home all day while you go make the money."

"That's why I call you my wifey! Does that mean that since you're working again, I can't call you my wifey anymore?" Taehyung pouted.

I rolled my eyes. "You can if you so choose, just know that I don't like it."

Taehyung chuckled. "Can I have my usual please, babe?"

"I guess." I smirked as I started to prepare his order. "This is crazy."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung's eyebrows scrunched together, an adorable habit that I can't get enough of.

"This is how we met. Me making you your usual order. It's just nice to be able to make it again."

Taehyung's eyes softened. "It's even better to know that us meeting here lead us to where we are. In love, living together, spending the rest of our lives together."

I almost spilled his drink at his words. "Spending- Wait. We're not engaged or anything, Tae."

He smiled cheekily at me before taking my hands in his large ones. "Haven't you thought about it? Getting married, having kids, a family? Together?"

I nodded. "Of course. I just... It's too soon for all of that."

Taehyung chewed on his lip for a second before he nodded. "I know that, but, I also know that I will marry you. Someday. So we can still plan on having a future together."

I smiled softly as I pictured it. Taehyung chasing our children in a park while I fed our newly-adopted baby. The children would giggle once Taehyung finally caught up to them, picking one up in each arm and lifting them high up in the air, large smiles on everyone's face.

"Baby, I have to go to work now." Taehyung said while squeezing my hands, his eyes glancing at the watch on his wrist.

I pouted, not wanting him to leave just yet.

Taehyung's grip on my hands loosened as he saw my face. "Aww, baby, I'm so sorry. I'm already having to run there as is. I promise I will be home right at 4:30, okay?" His hands landed on my cheeks gently.

"Okay." He pinched my cheeks, making a faint smile appear on my lips.

"I love you, Kookie." He pecked my lips, grabbing his order and headed towards the exit.

"I love you too." I said, hearing him laugh as he exited the shop.

I sighed, grabbing the rag to start cleaning the counters and machines again.

As I cleaned, my mouth started to feel really dry, and my eyes felt too heavy for my face. I took a few deep breaths, and continued working. Only a few more hours until my shift is over.

•••••

So close to the end lol

I've been waiting to reach the end since I started the sequel lol