Day Forty-Three

Wattpad needs to quit deleting chapters on me. I've had to write this chapter three freaking times. 

SENSITIVE SUBJECTS IN THIS UPDATE.

"Never caught a feelin' this hard
Harder than the liquor I pour
Tell me you don't want me no more
But I can't let go
Everybody told me so
Feelin' like I sold my soul
Devil in the form of a whore"

"Kookie?" I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I readjusted the phone next to my ear. "It's three AM, what's up?"

His breaths were short on the other line, making worry clench at my heart. "Hey Tae, sorry, um... I didn't know who else to call."

"Are you okay?"

A quiet sob erupted from the other line, making me sit up in bed. "I-I can't sleep, a-and I know it's a lot to ask, but co-could I come over and sleep at your place?"

I climbed out of bed, searching for a hoodie and a pair of shoes. "Better yet, how about I come to your place? Let me just find some shoes and I can be there in a few minutes." I hung up before I heard his response, grabbing my keys and rushing out the door to my car.

••

When I arrived, I knocked on his door many times, not receiving a response. I sighed out of slight frustration before trying the handle, finding the door unlocked. I smiled to myself before quietly walking in, locking the door behind me.

I made my way through the apartment and to his bedroom, finding him sleeping recklessly on the mattress, his blankets sprawled out around him. He was sweating, his breaths coming out in pants as his body rocked back and forth.

I slipped my shoes off and climbed gently into the bed, pulling the blankets up to cover our bodies before I wrapped my arms around the frail boy. He flinched at my touch, but eventually settled down. By instinct, I kissed the hair on the back of his head before my leg landed on top of his. His body relaxed, his head falling closer to my chest. I tried to ignore his irregular, short breathing, but decided that I needed to sleep if I was going to be able to work in only a few short hours. So, I closed my eyes, feeling the most relaxed I've felt in months.

••
The alarm on my phone startled me awake, making my grip on Jungkook tighten by accident. The boy groaned before rolling over, his eyes meeting mine. "Good morning, Tae." Sleep was laced in his voice.

"Hey Kookie. Sorry to wake you, I have work in an hour." I pecked his cheek and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his sweet, yet masculine, scent. I jumped out of the bed when I realized I had kissed his cheek like I used to when we were a couple. "Fuck, I'm sorry. I forgot for a bit that we're not a couple and so I started acting like you were my boyfriend and crap, I'm sorry."

Jungkook gave me a confused look as he stretched his body, the white t-shirt he wore lifting up enough to show his abs. "It's okay, Tae. Baekhyun is understanding."

"Baekhyun? Why does it matter what he thinks?" Realization hit me like a bat, nausea creeping up into my throat. "Wait... are you a couple?"

Jungkook chewed on his bottom lip as he nodded. 

I started to gather up my belongings. "Oh, well, that's good. Um, I'm glad that you two are h-happy. I need to get to work so, uh, I'll see you when I see you." 

"Wait, aren't you coming by after work?" Jungkook's voice had a hint of concern, but otherwise it was devoid of emotion.

I slid on my shoes, my eyes unable to meet his as I made my way out of his bedroom. "No, I, um, have plans. Bye, Jungkook." I exited his apartment, despite him calling out my name. 

I drove to work, not even caring that I was close to half an hour early. I climbed out of my car, running through the store to the back. Slamming the bathroom door behind me, I hunched myself over the toilet, the lack of food in my stomach making it impossible to get rid of the nausea. I gave up, letting my body collapse to the ground.

___

"Another one!" I slid the glass to the bartender, watching as he filled it up with the clear liquid before passing it back to me. I immediately tossed it back, feeling the scorching of the vodka, the burning of the alcohol in my empty stomach. I was already drunk, there was no question. Now it was just a matter of forgetting the name that continuously played through my head like it had been said as it slipped from Jungkook's lips this morning. 

I saw someone sit down on the stool next to me, their breath reeked of tequila. "Damn baby, you're a hot piece of ass." I could feel the hot breath on my neck, making me flinch. "Can I buy you a drink?"

"L-leave me alone, please." My voice came out shakier than I wanted, and I cursed myself for stuttering. 

"Hmm... you're a fiesty one, aren't you?" His voice was closer to me this time, but I had no strength to push him away from me. "It's just a drink, yeah?" He motioned to the bartender. I turned my head away, looking at the crowded dance floor for a second before I turned back toward the bar. 

"Fine." I inhaled the shot of vodka before standing up from the stool. My legs could barely support my weight as I wobbled from side to side. 

"Want to get out of here?"

"I'm not fucking interested. Leave me the hell alone." I stumbled my way to the bathroom, knowing that I needed to cool myself off, the alcohol leaving my body outrageously warm.

I stood at the sink, staring at my reflection. My cheeks sunk in, beads of sweat littered my brow and my hair was a tangled mop on top of my head. I scooped some water up with my hands, bending down to splash it on my face. 

I felt a pair of arms grip my waist, making me immobile. I flinched at the touch, feeling immobilized by the strong grip. My head started pounding, my neck barely able to support its weight anymore. My eyes grew heavy. My hands gripped onto the stranger's, trying to pry them off, but their hands only tightened. I felt like I was suffocating as the familiar tequila-laced breath skated across the skin of my neck, his lips and teeth digging into my skin. 

"N-no, please. Stop." I thrashed around best that I could, my legs kicking in every direction as I felt him raise me off the ground. My body was growing increasingly weaker. 

I felt the cold tile on my back as he laid me down. I could feel his calloused hands on my waist, burning everything in their wake. Tears burned my eyes. My body had stopped responding, unable to fight back. It was like I was in a coma, aware of what was happening yet unable to do anything about it, unable to move or speak. 

The next thing I felt was my jeans being pulled off of my waist.

_

Those eyes bore into mine as he forced himself on me. I had clearly been drugged, unable to do anything to stop him. I couldn't get his gaze out of my mind as I lay motionless, bleeding, on the floor of the men's room. There was something about him that seemed so familiar, but my alcohol and drug-induced state made it impossible to identify who it was. 

With tears still spilling from my eyes, I pulled on my jeans, grabbing my cell phone from my pocket, dialing the first number I saw.

The phone rang a few times before his sleepy voice spoke. "Taehyung? What the hell?"

"Yoongi, I-I need help. I'm d-drunk and someone d-drugged me and I-I-"

"Wait, Taehyung, slow down. Where are you? I'm coming to get you." 

I told him my location, feeling myself inching towards darkness as I waited for his arrival. I can vaguely remember someone carrying me through the now-empty dance floor. I remember the motion of a car, and how every bump sent shocks of pain through my body. My stomach burned, my chest and head felt heavy. I could feel the arms carrying me again, and the next thing I knew, I was being set down on a soft mattress, where the events of the day finally took their toll, sending me into sleep.