After.

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS?

One Year Later.

Apparently everything with Taehyung was a dream. Him appearing in the coffee shop. Us going on a date. Us falling in love and living together. None of it was real.

I haven't slept well since I realized that it was all a figment of my imagination. Everytime I closed my eyes, I would picture Taehyung's handsome face, his box smile, his deep voice. And once I opened my eyes and realized none of it was real, I would fall apart all over again. My ears would constantly ring, yearning to hear his voice. I wanted him to fill the silence of my life.

Yoongi would come over and comfort me when he had time, but his music career was really starting to take off. Hoseok quit working at the coffee house after he appeared dancing in a Drake music video. Everyone was off doing their own things and moving on with their lives except for me. I was stuck in a small, sad bubble.

The bell chimed above the door, the same sound I have spent way too much time listening to. I turned around and smiled. "Yoongi! When did you get into town?"

"Just a few hours ago. Hoseok is right behind me, he is trying to escape some fans."

I chuckled at my best friend's smiling face. Before I could respond, Hoseok stumbled in from behind me, obviously coming in from the back entrance. He smiled cheerfully and gave me a hug. "Hey Jungkook! Looking good!"

I hugged  him back and continued to smile as he walked over to Yoongi. My eyes caught onto something on their fingers. "Woah! Those rings are blinding me, my God!"

Yoongi's eyes sparkled as he wrapped an arm around Hoseok's waist. He chuckled nervously as he looked at the other and pecked his cheek. "I'm just happy that he said yes."

I nodded and turned around to make them their usual drinks. I heard them sit down at a table near the door, conversing softly. I hummed a little song to myself as I worked, the sound of the machine making the ringing in my ears fade away slightly.

After pouring their drinks into their usual mugs, I added the whipped cream to both of them, making sure to add the chocolate and caramel sauces, and rainbow sprinkles for Hoseok. I carried them over to the table carefully, before pulling up a table.

"You remembered the sprinkles!" Hoseok clapped excitedly as he dug his face into the pile of cream, sauce, and sprinkles. He licked his lips, missing a few spots of his face. I snickered behind my hand while Yoongi burst out laughing, reaching across the table and getting the remaining food off of his lover's cheek, licking it off of his thumb.

"You two are disgustingly in love." I rolled my eyes at them, but I was smiling inside. Never had I seen my best friend so happy.

Hoseok scoffed. "Someday you will meet the love of your life and you two will also be disgustingly in love."

Yoongi's eyes went between me and Hoseok quickly, obviously gauging my reaction. I bit on my bottom lip as I nodded.

"I should get back to work. I have to clean the bathroom." I got up and scurried off to the bathroom, locking the door and gripping onto the handle to keep myself steady. I took in a deep breath in an attempt to force the tears inside, but it only made me break out into a heart-wrenching sob as my knees gave out. I curled up into a ball on the dirty bathroom floor, my knees pressed against my chest. I could feel the tightness in my chest, the aching in my head. My fingers clawed at the skin of my arms, begging for some sort of relief from the pain that I felt inside. It was too much. The thought of possibly never knowing the love of my life was too much for me.

"Kook?" I heard Yoongi shouting from the front of the shop. I could picture him getting out of his chair and walking over to the bathroom. A few seconds later, I heard a few soft knocks. "Jungkook, I know you're in there. We can hear you crying from the front. Open up."

I shook my head, despite him not being able to see me. My throat was too closed up for me to speak.

He jiggled the knob a few times before I heard him sigh, frustrated, on the other side. "You're fucking working, Jungkook. At least finish your shift and then we can deal with this, okay? Hoseok didn't mean to bring it up. He feels awful, but you have some customers who need you."

I took a few deep breaths, feeling myself calm down a little before I gripped the handle once more, so tight my knuckles turned white, and forced my body off of the ground. I walked to the sink and splashed some water on my face, patting my cheeks a few times before taking another deep breath. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of his voice in my head, and I smiled. I opened my eyes again and nodded, unlocking the door and walking to the front of the store.

I saw Hoseok behind the counter making drinks for customers. He winked at me when I slipped my apron back over my head and I stood behind the register. "What can I get for you ma'am?"

She started to give me her order when, despite the long line that had accumulated during the usual rush hour, another customer walked through the door. My eyes glanced to the customer and I felt my heart atop as the cup in my hands fell against the counter.

"Taehyung?"

••••••

Hi.

School is kicking my ass and it's the fourth day.

Lol I love college whoo