Day Forty-Five (Part Two)

This chapter is written from a different point of view. I wanted to change it up just a tad.

"Your love is scaring me
No one has ever cared for me
As much as you do
Ooh, yeah, I need you here, oh"

YOONGI POV

After watching Taehyung leave the room suddenly, I faced Baekhyun once again. I didn't miss how his eyes followed Taehyung hungrily.

"Excuse me." Baekhyun ran out of the room behind Taehyung, leaving me confused.

I had noticed how Taehyung started fidgeting more once Baekhyun came into view. I noticed the faint beads of sweat, how he continuously played with the collar of his shirt and his hair.

Taehyung was never flustered like that in front of anyone except Jungkook. This was a totally new way of seeing him, and it made me curious to find out what was causing such apprehension.

"Y-Y-Yoongi?" My eyes jumped to Jungkook's as the boy stared at me, confusion on his eyes as he held the oxygen mask in his hands.

"Hey Kook! How you feeling?" I made a few more steps so I could reach his hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"Tired. So tired. Why am I back here?"

I chewed on my lower lip nervously. "Y-you're rejecting your heart and lungs." I noticed the slight glossiness that quickly began to cover Jungkook's eyes. I immediately sat down on the bed and put a hand softly on his cheek. "It will all be okay. Dr. Grey says that it is not unusual. She did some tests. Your heart is still at about 90% function, which is excellent! Your lungs are not looking so good. She is trying some high dosages of rejection meds to hopefully stop the process, but you might need another lung transplant."

"Oh God." Jungkook's words were a whisper as they slipped past his lips.

Silence filled the hospital room once more. My thumb wiped away any tears that fell from Jungkook's eyes as they scanned the room.

Suddenly, his eyes met mine. "Taehyung! W-where is he?"

"I'm here babe!" Baekhyun smiled and rushed into the room, quickly grabbing Jungkook's cheeks from my hand and squishing them and pecking his lips. "I'm glad to see you awake."

Taehyung entered a moment later, the redness of his eyes proving that he had been crying. I sighed, deciding to give the couple a little space. I made my way to Taehyung, leaning close to him.

"You okay?"

He nodded, swallowing harshly.

"You've been crying."

"I have a reason to be crying."

"Bullshit, Taehyung! You would've cried sooner. What made you start crying when you left the room, huh?" I leaned even closer to make sure nobody else could hear but him. "Why did Baekhyun follow you out of the room?"

I pulled back to judge his facial expressions. His eyes met mine and, for the first time, I saw something I'd never expected to see so prominently in Taehyung's eyes.

Fear.

••

I sat in the room for the few remaining visitor hours, watching Baekhyun pester Jungkook with kisses. It would've been cute, except for Taehyung, who sat silent in the corner, his eyes never looking away from the grimey tile floor. He was clearly uncomfortable, but I decided to deal with that privately another time.

"Hey Baek, maybe give Jungkook a little breathing room, yeah?" I saw Taehyung's eyes rise up slightly at my words, making me smile internally.

Baekhyun stared at me for a second before shrugging. "I'm hungry anyway. I'm going to grab some food and then I'll be back." He exited the room after grabbing his phone.

I turned immediately to Jungkook. "So, Taehyung is finally here with you, Kook. Did you want me to leave?"

He shook his head as he slipped his oxygen mask off. "No, i-it's fine." He faced Taehyung, a weak smile on his lips. "Hey Tae."

Taehyung waved awkwardly. "Hello."

Jungkook cleared his throat, taking a sip of water before taking in a sharp breath. "I'm sorry about yesterday."

Taehyung shrugged. "It's whatever."

"No! I-I kissed you first." My eyebrows quirked up at the statement. Thank God they finally kissed. "And I shouldn't have done that."

"You said all of that yesterday."

"I-I haven't had a chance to process what you said to me, about needing to choose. I couldn't breathe right after you left, and I woke up here. I wish I had an answer for you."

I cleared my throat. "If I may," both males' eyes turned to me. "Jungkook, when you woke up, you weren't asking where Baekhyun was. You asked about Taehyung. That should be your answer right there."

Secretly, I wanted them back together. Something about Baekhyun did not sit right with me, especially with how Taehyung acts around him. Something was up.

Jungkook looked at his lap for a minute before looking at Taehyung. I sat back knowing that there was nothing left for me to do in this moment.

"I-I-I" Jungkook stuttered, obviously nervous and on the verge of crying.

Taehyung frowned, grabbing onto Jungkook's hand and sitting next to him on the bed. "Kookie, I know this isn't a simple decision, and I never should've made you choose. Clearly you would be with me if you wanted to, and I know that now. If you're happy with Baekhyun, then great. I'm just glad that you're happy, and eventually I'll be glad that you're healthy too."

I smiled to myself as I watched Jungkook's eyes twinkle. I've known him long enough to know what was coming.

"Taehyung." Jungkook's voice was soft, yet stern. He wanted to get his point across. "I already told you that I don't love Baekhyun. I realize now that I only see him as a friend."

"Oh."

Jungkook took in a few breaths from the oxygen mask before continuing. "Another thing that I realized is that I can see myself wanting to be around you all of the time. When you wouldn't come by some days, I would be craving your presence, your touch. W-when Baek and I had s-sex... it may be wrong, but I was imagining you. I haven't told anyone, but it brought back some memories from before my transplant."

Taehyung audibly sucked in a sharp breath as I leaned forward in my seat, digging my elbows into my thighs.

"I remembered our last night together, Taehyung. The way that you made me feel so loved, and how I haven't felt that good in my life. Once that memory returned, I knew that you were the one I love. When I watched you starve yourself... God, Tae. I was in pain watching you do that."

"He's right!" I chimed in before I could stop myself. "My God if he had asked me about you one more damn time I was going to beat him silly."

The males chuckled before Jungkook glared at me to shut up.

"Jungkook," Taehyung scooted a little closer to the youngest on the bed. "What exactly are you trying to say?"

Jungkook sighed, his lips turning up into a smile. He reached a hand shakily up to Taehyung's cheek. "I'm saying that I'm in love with you, Kim Taehyung."

••••••
Whoop whoop.