In which Jungkook is slapped by a manager

It didn't hurt that much. Yes, it stung, but what made the tears roll down was because of the humiliation that remained.

Jungkook's head was cocked to the side while the other man's hand went the same direction. A tense and uncomfortable silence went throughout the room.

"Get your act together, Jeon. You are idols. You don't get breaks until all is done." The man hissed before walking out the studio. The other managers, directors and stylists left a glare at the man.

The older members were instantly at his side, they began to panic when Jungkook clung onto Jin's shirt and fell onto his knees.

The boy's breathing was raspy and it sounded like there was glass in his lungs. The older members formed a circle around him yet kept their distance, rubbing and patting him on the back and pressing kisses onto his head.

A noona went up to them and gave a cold bottle of water to Namjoon, which he gratefully accepted and gave to Jungkook.

The leader unscrewed the cap and put the bottle to the boy's lips, it made Jungkook's cheeks burn.

He was being babied.

Once again.

Jungkook sighed and drank while Namjoon slowly tipped up the drink. After that, his hyungs led him to a couch which he almost collapsed on.

The directors, stylists and managers had left the room to give the boys some time to calm down.

Taehyung sat to his right while Jimin sat to his left, Jungkook laid his head on Taehyung's shoulder and grabbed Jimin's hand. He smiled when the response was a soft squeeze.

Yoongi was sitting on the arm of the couch and was quietly cursing.

"Yoongi-hyung." Namjoon softly said. "It's oka-"

"Bullshit! That's all utter bullshit!" Jungkook flinched at the sudden anger in his voice, Jimin squeezed his hand and gave a kiss to his temple.

"That asshole- he didn't even let Jungkook talk! Let alone give him a chance!"

"Yoongi." Jin said in a soft tone, placing his hand on the other's. "Calm down."

"But-"

"You're scaring him." And with that, Yoongi stayed quiet, minus the grumbling. For the next few minutes, the boys cherished the quiet. Hoseok played with Jungkook's hair and Taehyung mumbled playful jokes to which the maknae responded with giggles.

The door opened to reveal the same manager.

"Get him up." He ordered. "Your interview starts soon." Jin's brows furrowed.

"Give him some time." He said. The manager shook his head firmly.

"There is no time for crying." He said with a raised voice. "He-"

"Give him some fucking time." Yoongi said with a low voice, his eyes screamed danger. The manager gritted his teeth.

"3 minutes, that's all he gets." And with that, he left. It was quiet once again. Jungkook wiped away his own tears and sat up, getting everyone's attention.

"Let's go." He said with a strained smile. Jimin gripped his hand and stood with him, Taehyung following.

"Jungkook-ah." Namjoon said, his voice was watery. "You can take your time."

"But what about our fans?" That got him. Yoongi sighed and went over to Jungkook's side, patting his head. Hoseok jumped over and back hugged the youngest.

Jin bit his lip. "Alright, let's go."

They sat in the car with their driver and took off. Taehyung continued to spread jokes with Hoseok quickly following and the car was filled with laughter.

The driver bit his lip to avoid laughing as well. "Aish, these kids."