Life & Death

Jimin sat on a log, ignoring the way the brown lively color of the bark faded away and died. Being Death wasn't easy and what made it better was the fact that people always screamed hatred towards him.

Jimin's lips curved into a smile when he thought of Life. Jimin stared at the corpse of the dead deer not too away and narrowed his eyes when his stomach lurched. His skeleton, one that belonged to a deer, covered half of his face and all of his head. His eyes were unseen but they glowed through the empty sockets of the Wendigo skull.

"Death." An exasperated sigh sounded and Jimin turned around. Beautiful and radiant, there stood Life in his dancing light. Golden robes hung from his body and flowed even if there was still air between them. Jimin's dark clothing swayed as the spring air flew by and his dark wings fluffed at the cold.

Life's golden yet ripped wing was still beautiful.

Jungkook sighed once again and rolled his shoulders, cracking them a few times before sitting down next to Jimin.

Jimin removed his hat, taking off one of his gold necklaces then taking a silk black ribbon and tying it loosely around Life's neck before putting the necklace around him.

Jimin took his hand and kissed it, brows furrowing when Jungkook flinched. A moment of silence past and Jungkook spotted the corpse of the deer.

"I'm sorry." Jimin whispered with a tint of sorrow. "It was her time." Jungkook nodded slowly, sighing and leaning against Jimin.

Death forgot all of his ego when Life was around, mostly due to the fact that Life was a strict person. He sighed, the image of a man holding both his husband and baby's corpses flashed and in a second, it was destroyed.

Because that was all Death was; sadness, grief, regret, sadism. It's his purpose to make humans themselves fear. Life is the one who gives them comfort.

"You know." Jungkook said. "I'm not all rainbows and unicorns. People are scared of me too." Jimin solemnly nodded. "They're scared of growing up and having you taking them to wherever they are destined to go. They hate me too."

Jimin smiled, wrapping his arms around Jungkook and pressing a chaste kiss on his neck. His inky black wings spread around them, shielding Life from the rest of the world. A burning piano could be heard playing somewhere deep in the golden forest.

"Guess we aren't all that different, Life."

"Yeah."