Magic's Pictures.

{angsty and sad jikook :) }

Jungkook's fingers ran across the polished wood of the framed canvas. A painting of a man to man, of them being in love. It suddenly changed, startling Jungkook, making him recoil his fingers back. But it enchanted him. Their faces were cut out.

The story told in the paintings moved, the men danced, riding their horses through the snowy hill, laughing.

Jungkook walked to the other picture, dragging his sleeved covered fingers from the stone wall to the next portrait. It was of the two young men, with a baby that didn't look of their own.

They looked happy. But the child was killed, smoke left in its crib and slowly suffocated due to it. One of the men laid on the floor with blood seeping from his side and his husband cradled him, crying as he made a grab for his child before death could take them.

Jungkook covered his mouth with his sleeve. It was tragic.

The man's father, the king, sent out search parties to find whoever did this, angered and enraged. The man stayed in his room, the crib still there, still smelling like smoke. He sat on his bed, holding the two rings that were supposed to pronounce them a duo, one that would stay together even if society said no.

The paintings burned. And Jungkook found himself cradling the child, humming a soft lullaby through his silent terror.

He felt a presence behind him, the sound of a silver dagger unsheathing. His body didn't react as it was supposed to, the noise was drowned out from the baby's gurgling. Jungkook moved to place the baby down on its small crib. The noises from the baby have gone quiet and it started crying.

Jungkook screamed when someone lunged at him, gutting him in the side with the dagger. Horror and realization spread and he felt himself slowly lowered to the ground, a quiet hush from his attacker.

He saw the face. Hoseok. Tears and desperation replaced the emotions from earlier as he saw the man he once trusted walk towards his baby's blanket, reaching out. Hoseok pulled out a blanket, folding it over his arms and placing a small essence into the crib before placing the blanket over. Little coughs echoed from the baby, it felt like hours, but it was silent.

Jungkook felt his arm droop, his eyes closing. He saw Hoseok jump from the window and the wooden doors bust open, a yell as someone dropped to their knees and cradled him. Jungkook's dying eyes saw who it was.

Jimin. His Jimin.

He looked scared and worried and angry and panicked. His eyes closed and Jimin heard a yell for their son. But he was so tired.

Jungkook opened his eyes and the castle was burning to the ground.

Bonus: Reversed!!!

This time-

- it was him cradling Jimin and reaching out his child. Screaming, they found who did it. It was Namjoon. His guard, entrusted and embedded with his life. He was executed that day, much to Jungkook's guilt.

Namjoon was to be buried by the order of Jungkook, but far away from his family's graves. Far away from him.