Chapter Two

"Come on (y/n), you're the one who asked me to help you train."

"Yeah, but didn't think you'd make me go on five mile run on the first day of training!" I told Garnet out of breath.

I am now 14. It's been my dream to be hero and be like the gems, but in order to do that, I'm going to have to pass UA's entrance exam. I've asked all the Gems to help me train. Pearl's job was to help me better control my quirk, Garnet's help me get physically in shape. And Amethyst, to be my relaxing buddy for when I need a break.

I've also been getting help from Connie over FaceTime. We've studied stuff that'll be on written part of the exam. If I went to junior high I wouldn't even need to be studying so much, but for me that's not the case. I've been homeschooled since Mom disappeared. Dad and the Gems thought that it would be best.

Sometimes I'd get upset about not going to school. But other times I'm happy I don't go school! Get to stay in my pjs all day and sleep in!

"Hey (y/n)! Are you day dreaming over there? Get back to running." Garnet yells to me.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and replied back "Okay okay!!! I'm going!!"
_____
After hours of training with Garnet I finally got the chance to relax with amethyst.

I sat my sore aching body next to her on the plush and comforting couch. I let my body sink into it and tried to forget all about my worries for just a few minutes.

Unfortunately those minutes turned into seconds as I heard Amethyst groan out to me.

"Hey (y/n) can you get me some chips?"

"Why do I have to do it?!" I snapped back slightly aggravated.

"Because I said so!"

"Ugh fine! You're lucky Pearl taught me to be nice and well mannered." I grumbled as I threw a bag of chips at her, which she happened to catch in her mouth.

I flopped onto the couch, once again, and grabbed the remote and turned on the TV hoping that there would be something good on the news.

"Once again the number one pro hero All Might has saved us!" Said the news reporter. "Today a young brave man is being held hostage by a villain with sludge like quirk. He's currently keeping a brave face and staying calm through out this whole ordeal." The screen transitioned to the man of the hour. He happened to be about my age and had red eyes and spiky blonde hair that sorta resembled a hedgehog.

As I kept watching, it looked like the boy was being consumed by the sludge villain. "As we continue watching, a reckless boy runs off into the crime scene doing who knows what." The news reporter said with a gasp.

The boy who ran out looked like he was trying to save the hedgehog guy. Maybe they were friends..? The boy had messy dark green hair with black shadows at the end. Round green eyes, and four symmetrical freckles on each sides of his cheeks. To be honest he looked like a piece of broccoli.

After the boy ran out to his friend, All Might appeared and saved them both after the broccoli got stuck. With one punch, All Might defeated the sludge villain, and changed the weather?!!! Huh, weird and fricking awesome! Although for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off the two boys.

"(y/n), stop checking out those boys and help me get this itchy spot on my back!" Amethyst said

"HuH!!? I wasn't checking them out!!!!" I said stuttering and blushing. "A-And can't you just make your arm grow longer and do it yourself?" I asked.

"Weeeeell I could, but I'm to lazy to do it! Now get over here tomato face and itch the itch!!" Amethyst said as she grinned. I sighed to myself and gently smiled and itched her back.