Part 4

Thirteen to sixteen. Last one of this collection, folks.

////

"I can't believe you talked me into this."

////

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Steve shot Bucky a look of regret and Bucky grinned back, slinging an arm around his shoulders.

"Come on, a surveillance mission with me? What else could you want?"

Steve rubbed his arms and blew out a breath. "Warmth?"

Bucky happily obliged, wrapping his arms around him. When Steve looked at him, he held him tighter and looked offended.

"What? It's cold, and I don't trust you alone in the cold," he said defensively. Steve rolled his eyes and shuffled closer against him.

It was a quiet night. They were stuck on a snowy rooftop, on top of a high building. They were watching for any signs of activity from a rising gang that had been causing problems. A shipment of weapons had been sent - Bucky and Steve's job was to watch their hideout and, when needed, they'd contact Clint and Natasha to do their part, who were watching from a building a fair distance from them.

Nobody liked surveillance, so it was passed off to Bucky and Steve, who had decided that a fair balance between action and boring was important.

"I'm not going to freeze," Steve dismissed, leaning back from the equipment Tony and Bruce had tinkered with for the mission. Basically an advanced telescope that told all they needed to know - heat signatures or movement.

Bucky made a face, not looking convinced. Steve pushed his shoulder and Bucky smiled again.

"Either way, it's not too bad," he commented.

"I guess." Steve leaned back and yawned. Nothing was happening, so really, they were just chilling on the rooftop, literally.

Bucky kept an eye on their target while Steve tried to stay awake.

It was an incredibly boring night, and they both agreed that they loved it. At four in the morning, there was a rustle of activity, and Steve called in Nat and Clint. Half an hour later, most of the gang was rounded up and whisked away, the weapons picked up by S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Well, that was a thrill and a half," Bucky yawned as he stood, his legs numb.

"I'm glad we caught those guys, Nat was really worried," Steve added as they started packing up their gear.

"Well." Bucky slung the pack onto his back and glanced at him. "That was thrilling and all, but we should get back. Debriefing with Fury tomorrow," he mentioned and Steve nodded.

It was a quiet night, and if anything, they were grateful for the brief moment of silence in their busy, hectic lives.

////

"Nobody trusts me to do anything important!"

////

"What?" Steve paced around his room, eyes widening. "What? No! Nat, I can't -- Can't Bucky...?"

The brunet in question walked in, raising an eyebrow at him. Steve waved him off, listening to Natasha rant. "Can't Clint come over?" There was a firm 'no'.

"I have nobody else to turn to," Nat snapped. "I hate this as much as you do, but I need your help."

"Nat -- "

"Get your *ss over here, Rogers," she spoke and considered her words. "Please," she added in a light tone. Steve huffed impatiently.

"Okay, okay," he relented, giving Bucky a glance. "I'll be over in fifteen."