Part 16

Next five!

////

"Don't leave me! You're too warm."

////

"Time to get going, Buck," Steve mumbled as he glanced at his watch. Bucky grunted but didn't move from his spot on top of Steve. They'd fallen asleep on the couch after returning home from an exhausting mission in Columbia. "Debriefing, remember?"

"No," he mumbled into his chest. Steve absently ran a hand through his own messy bed head and yawned as he sat up. Bucky groaned and clung to his waist. "Don't leave me! You're too warm."

Steve rolled his eyes and carefully slid out from the cocoon of blankets, then pulled his shirt on and went to grab a sweater. When he returned, Bucky hadn't moved. Steve started some coffee brewing then looked down at him.

"C'mon, sweetheart," he hummed and stroked a hand through his messy brown hair. Bucky grumbled something and rolled over to look at him, bleary-eyed.

"I feel like Tony is disciminating against us as gays by violently forcing us to get up at godawful o'clock," he muttered as he rubbed his eyes and sat up. Steve gave him a look, hands on his hips.

"Sure," he said sarcastically. "C'mon, I have coffee going. I'll even hand you the ingredients to make breakfast."

Bucky scowled at him a moment. Steve smiled cheekily and grabbed himself a cup of coffee. Bucky was still pouting, his arms crossed.

"I thought you loved me. Is this how it ends? You, ditching me to fend for myself in this unforgiving world. I trusted you."

Steve smirked and drank his coffee. "You're my lovely husband and I would die for you, but you're an angsty drama queen."

Bucky looked offended. "Um, this is cyber bullying."

Steve rolled his eyes, set his coffee down then picked up the blankets and Bucky, who yelped as he clung to him. "Hey--!"

"A Bucky burrito," Steve said, amused at his own joke. Bucky huffed and leaned against him, pouting. Steve set him down at the table and poured him some coffee, then started preparing a quick breakfast.

Bucky huffed and sipped his coffee. Steve kissed the tip of his head and bustled about, making eggs and bacon for them. He arranged Bucky's bacon into a heart shape and Bucky smiled when he saw, then looked up at him.

"You're a punk."

Steve smiled. "Jerk."

////

"I don't like lightning."

////

"Hey, I'm going to the store. Wanna come?" Bucky tilted his head at him as he grabbed his keys. Steve glanced up from his book and shook his head.

"I'm good," he responded as he eyed the weather outside. Thunder roared across the sky and lightning flickered. Bucky nodded but paused as he read him. Steve was tense; his shoulders slightly raised, lips pursed, eyes intently focused on one thing.

He dropped the keys and walked back over. "You good, love?"

Steve smiled up at him and swallowed as the storm picked up. "Um..."

Bucky furrowed his eyebrows. "Talk to me, Stevie."

He frowned and looked at his book again. It crashed and he flinched and closed his eyes. "I don't like lightning." He looked away. "Or any loud storms, I guess."