Part 7

27 to 31.

////

"Please shut up. I can't stand how appealing your voice is."

////

Steve was on a solo mission, something that was supposed to be quick, but all the while he'd had to have Bucky talk him through it over their comms.

Steve was going to either strangle him or go insane. It was the most frustrating thing in the entire world.

"Just what I need," Steve had said, shooting him a slightly amused look. "To hear your voice 24/7."

"Come on, you love me," Bucky'd protested, wrapping him into a tight hug. Natasha smirked at Steve and wiggled her eyebrows. She'd set it up, of course, just to see if Steve could stay sane after it.

Now Steve had been captured, tied to a chair, and he was mentally figuring out how to escape relatively unscathed.

"Good one, really, well done," Bucky droned and Steve resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

Those who had captured him were spouting important information, assuming he was still unconscious. Steve wanted to remain as still and silent and as anonymous as possible, allowing their voices to go through his comms, therefore allowing those back at the compound to listen in and gather said information.

"You need to stay still -- "

I know, Steve said mentally.

"Don't talk -- "

Obviously.

"And stay out, this is the best place for you right now." Steve really had to fight not to roll his eyes. "Are you hearing me? Testing, one, two, three..?"

Steve was screaming internally. He was definitely going to strangle him when he got back.

"Hey Stevie, you still okay? We can't really see you, so..."

"Hey," a gruff voice cut in as they walked over to Steve. He winced as they grabbed him by the hair and made him sit up straighter. "Rise and shine."

"Stevie, you good?"

Steve flinched as a bright light was flashed in his eyes. "What did you overhear?"

"Nothing," he retorted, and followed by that was a slap. Bucky winced on the other end.

"That sounded painful."

"You guys don't stand a chance," Steve spoke, lifting his chin. They shared an amused look.

"Please shut up. I can't stand how appealing your voice is." Bucky ruined it.

"Okay," Steve muttered to himself before beginning to fight his way out of it. He broke the chair and used the legs as weapons - a trick Natasha had taught him weeks ago.

Soon enough, the bad guys were dealt with, and Steve hightailed it out of there.

He fired Bucky off of communications. Bucky pouted about it for weeks, but eventually Steve forgave him, and allowed him on again. Bucky wasn't nearly as loud, and the missions were better because of that.

////

"Shut up. Just shut up."

////

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"Buck," Steve said through grit teeth, rubbing the back of his head.