Part 11

Last collection of dialogue prompts.

////

"Mind if I cut in?"

////

Steve inwardly rolled his eyes as a dame led him to the floor. Bucky stood on the sidelines and lifted a glass in a mock cheer as Steve and the raven-haired girl glided by. Steve shot him a glare and Bucky smiled as he took a sip of his drink.

The party was extravagant, loud, and energetic - the war was over. Captain America had won and, by some miracle, Bucky was still kicking. He was only thankful the railing had held on that train.

Steve moved robotically, but Bucky still thought he looked like a work of art - Steve moved in a way Bucky had never seen before, graceful for his height, light on his feet, smoother than tiny, clumsy Steve had ever been.

Suddenly, Bucky was determined to just get in there, but remembered his place. He was one of the Howling Commandos and Stevie was his Captain - besides that, it was a death sentence to like another man.

Then Bucky decided he didn't care. If he had to, he'd play it off, up the drunken act, and pretend it had never happened. Gathering his courage, Bucky downed the rest of his drink in a single gulp, and walked over.

"Mind if I cut in?" His voice was low. The girl turned to him, but all he did was smile and step up to Steve, who looked alarmed for a second.

"Buck? What are you doing? You'll get in trouble," he hissed as they swayed around. Bucky met his eyes and held his hand tighter.

"I was already going to Hell," Bucky dismissed as he pulled him close. "Besides, if loving you is a sin..." He trailed off and looked up at him. Steve didn't push him away; he held his hand tighter, and tightened his grip on him. Bucky smiled as they swayed.

"That's a sin I'm not going to apologise for," Steve finished, his lips quirking up into a smile. They went quiet and Bucky only looked at Steve, his Steve, not the rest of the commanding officers who looked appalled out of the corner of his eye.

Steve almost regretted it when the moment was over, Bucky was stepping away and the song ended. He could feel eyes burning into his back, and he stood up straighter, looking around the room, daring anyone to comment.

Maybe it was the alcohol. Nobody said a word. Bucky smiled at him from the sidelines and Steve smiled back. No matter what, he liked Bucky. He wanted him, and only him.

////

"Did I stutter?"

////

"Steve. It's your birthday, doll. Wanna do anything special?" Steve shrugged, studying him, eyes darting to his lips. Bucky followed his gaze and bit back a smirk. "Anything at all."

Steve bit his lip as he studied him, hands lingering on Bucky's hips. The brunet leaned in, deciding that Steve had taken too long and he was going to let him know what he wanted. He kissed him, one hand on the back of his head, the other inching down.

"Hey Steve?" he murmured against his lips. "I've gotta present for you."

Steve finally smiled, raising both eyebrows. "Oh yeah? Gonna do what I think we're gonna do?"

"Fondue."

Steve chuckled, pulling him closer. "What?"

"Did I stutter?" Then Bucky was making quick work, pulling their shirts off, then pants, working down past that, and then working down -- 

"Oh." Bucky blinked as he read over the story he'd found, leaned back, took a moment, and nodded to himself. "Right. About that, yeah... yeah, that's... something. All right."