Prologue

WARNING: i wrote this a year ago and it's cringy as FU-
okay, but seriously, it's really bad and unless you want to go blind, be careful while reading this.

"You say you care, but do you really? You say you love me, but that's hard to believe. You say you'd give up anything just to earn my trust back, yet I see you barely giving up 1 second of your time to look at me while I'm speaking to you. Sounds like everything you say is a lie to me." I said.
That left him absolutely speechless.
"I regret everything." Was his response.

*********

That was the conversation I had wasted my time remembering.

"For f**k's sake, Alyssa. You're running away from him!" I thought.

The asshole had just abandoned me and Maddison in this damn forest. "How kind of him! And he said he cares." I said to myself.

Sweat drip downs from my forehead, and the soles of my feet start to sting.
I almost trip over a root. I stumble forwards, but that doesn't stop me from running even quicker.

"Alyssa, we have to turn right!" She says, and we follow. Screw me for my bad parkour skills.

I see a river. It isn't that wide, but we still have to get through. Large, broken branches and rocks flood the water.

We jump on the rocks as fast as we can to get to the other side.

We've been running for what felt like hours; Running away from a voice that seemed to be yelling
"I'll kill you, Alyssa!"

I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to forget about all the pain. I didn't realize I lost Maddison until I turned around.

He was there, choking her. When he saw my expression, his mouth curled into a malicious, sick grin. Her skin was pale, her eyes filled with regret, anger, misery, but sadness, too.

"R-ru..n!" She tried to yell.

I slammed my foot on the ground and began running. Running faster than I was before. My tracks filled with hate.

Tears blurred my vision. Maddison didn't deserve this sh*t at all!

Getting abused when she was so young, losing her father to a sick killer, her mother being murdered in her own sight, getting kidnapped when she was 15...

And now this? Dying at such a young age...

Because of her own sister?

My only question was..."Why?!" I yelled.

"I HATE YOU!!"

I could hear his loud footsteps behind me.

"Get back here!" He yelled. 'Never!' I thought.

I felt like giving up, I wanted to. There were to reasons to continue living in this hell I call life. My friends betray me, my mother disappears all of a sudden, my father...

I don't know exactly why I kept running, but I did.

He tried to shoot me, but he missed by an inch. I made the stupid decision of looking back-- and he grinned. For that second, I was confused, but then I slammed down.

He had shot my ankle.

"I've got you now"