◇Chapter 34◇

-
TAEHYUNG'S POV

I tapped the raw egg onto the side of my mixing bowl and cracked it open. Most of the ingredients that were said on the recipe already inside the bowl.

"80 grams..." I mumbled to myself as I looked over at my phone which had the recipe.

I picked up the bag of brown sugar and poured it into a cup that was on a kitchen scale, stopping once the scale read around the 80 grams mark.

I poured the cup of brown sugar into the bowl and mixed it into the other ingredients.

I put the mixing bowl to the side and started grating my carrots. The carrots that my sister Taeah gave me. I was still confused about why she was at my house at 2 am giving me a bag of carrots and how she stole a pair of my Gucci slides, which I hope she returns.

Once I finished grating the number of carrots the recipe told me to grate I mixed both the carrots and the mixture together and put it in a tray then placing it in the oven.

As I started cleaning up the kitchen the front door clicked open, signifying that someone had come inside.

"I'm home!" Jungkook shouted from the front door while taking off his shoes.

"Hello, Kookie~" I greeted him back.

Jungkook put the grocery bags he was holding onto the kitchen island.

"What did you get?" I asked him as I looked into one of the three plastic bags.

"Banana milk and some other stuff," Jungkook replied.

"Seven bottles?!" I stared in shock as I saw the beverages.
"Kookie you idiot!" I scolded while smacking Jungkook's shoulder.

"Yah! Yah! They were on sale! And I wanted banana milk!" Jungkook blurted.

I stopped hitting him and pouted.
"Aish."
I turned away from him to check the cake.

"What are you making TaeTae?" Jungkook asked while wrapping his arms around my waist and giving me a quick peck on the cheek, he straightened out my striped, silk pyjamas for no reason.

"Carrot cake," I answered.

"From the carrots Taeah gave you?" He knew the random extra bag of carrots was from Taeah since he was the one who caught her while he was getting some water.

"Yeah." I chuckled.

Suddenly we both heard little taps coming towards the kitchen before a ball of fluff came into view. It was Yeontan.

"Hello Tan-ie~" I cooed as Yeontan put his two front paws onto my leg. I leaned down to pat Yeontan on the bead but since Jungkook's arms were still around my waist he bent down with me.

I walked to the kitchen cupboard to get Yeontan some food, I poured dog food into his bowl and filled his other bowl with water. Jungkook still clinging onto me as I maneuvered around the kitchen and we both watched in awe as Yeontan finished his food and trotted away to go find one of his toys.

"You better get ready since you have to go to work today, and I'm coming with you," Jungkook informed.

"Why?..." I mumbled as I leaned my head back onto Jungkook's shoulder. Since he's just that bit taller than me.

"I don't know... I just want to go with you. Since I don't have work today."

"Mhmm..." I hummed, with that Jungkook let go of me to put away the food he bought while I went to have a shower.

-
"Tae the cake is ready!" I heard Jungkook yell from the kitchen.

"Yeah, please take it out. I'll be there in a second!" I replied while putting on my tie and draping my coat over my shoulders.