Part 2

Rory - 6 years after graduation

Rory was sitting in her office at the Boston Globe.

Rory is the new Vice President of the Boston Globe. It took her 5 years but she climbed to the top fast. Cathy Collins, the CEO, got close with their shared love of coffee and journalism. Rory was happy to find a newspaper that was not connected to the Huntzbergers and HPG in any way or form.

As Rory was working on her current project, a knock was on the door.

"Come in!" Rory called out still typing.

Rory then stopped what she was doing on her computer after a few minutes and then looked up.

"Hey kid, how's work going?" Her dad asked.

"Hey dad, its going along great. Got a new project in the progress." Rory replied smiling at him.

Chris smiles back, "Listen kid, I got some news."

"Oh? Hopefully it's all good." Rory frowned.

"It is... sorta. Can you meet me and your grandmother for dinner tonight at 7?" Chris asked nervously.

"Of course. I hope everything is okay." Rory was getting concerned.

"Everything is fine. We just need your help, more details at dinner okay? I know you have your questions but I only have a limited knowledge of what's going on."

"Alright. Usual place?"

"You know it." Chris smiled.

Rory's work phone started to ring.

She picked it up without looking at the extension number, "Rory Gilmore." She says.

"Ms. Gilmore, there is someone here to see you. And he's hot." The assistant says giddily.

"Its called being exotic darling." A new voice echoes in the phone.

Rory's assistant giggles.

Rory smiles and laughs a little bit, "Send him in."

"Aww...  okay, fine. I'll send him in." Her assistant pouts.

"Don't worry Abby, I'll set you up soon."

"Thanks Ror. Now I'll let you go." Abby laughed.

Abby then hangs up.

Rory looks at her dad. He raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Its Finn, from the LDB. I wonder what he's doing here." Rory says.

"I don't know. Maybe your about to find out. I'll see you later kiddo." Chris says and gets up to leave.

"See ya later dad." Rory says.

Chris leaves and within seconds her door bursts in.

"Where oh where is the lovely Rory?!" Finn exclaims.

Rory giggles at him, "I'm right here Finny. Now tell me, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to whisk you away darling. A new adventure awaits!" Finn says approaching her desk.

"Let me guess, a new Life and Death Brigade trip?"

"Why of course! I'll pick you up at 10. Sound good?"

"I'll be done with my meeting with my dad and nana by then, so sure." Rory says leaning back in her comfy chair.

"Great! See ya later darling!"

"Bye Finn!" Rory laughed as Finn skipped out of her office.

Rory did a bit more work, but then looked at the clock only to realize its nearly 5. So she packs up and heads to Cathy's office.