Part 13

"Alright, that's it for today. Gilmore, you can go."

"Thanks boss!"

Rory grinned at Cathy and collected everything and getting ready to leave.

"Have fun with that new hubby of yours!" Cathy winked, grinning wide.

"Of course, and I might be late coming in tomorrow." Rory blushed, a small smile graced her lips.

"No problem. You need to cut back some hours anyways."

"Ha. Ha. Okay. I'm gonna take off now... because I would love some Indian tonight."

Rory was now at the doorway of Cathy's office, debating whether or not to leave.

"Leave Rory."

"I know, I know. I am... I just, are you sure you don't need me to go to that conference? Because I can..."

"Go home, Rory."

"But..."

"Go home."

"I... fine. Bye." Rory sighed.

"Bye." Cathy shook her head in disbelief before muttering to herself: "My goodness, he sure got a very persistent and hard working wife. He better not mess this up."

"And who, better not mess anything up?" A deep voice echoed in her office.

"Why you, of course, my dear husband! Because I am a gem and you'd be lost without me!" Cathy pounced on her husband in a big hug. The couple sharing loving looks.

***

Rory got to her car, placing her bag in the passenger seat and getting settled before putting her foot on the brake and turning her key in the ignition to start the engine of her Pruis.

Before taking her foot off the brake, she quickly grabbed her phone and shot a text to Logan and set it in the cup holder, she then shifted the car gear into reverse to pull out of the parking lot before shifting to drive and heading out.

***

Logan sat back in his office chair, relaxed as he counted down the minites until she arrived at home.

He was working on some papers when his phone vibrated and lit up with text telling him that she was heading home and for him to not stay too late.

He smirked as he set his phone on the side of his desk and looked around the room. His eyes caught on to pictures of him and Rory at their wedding and also at Yale, but there were also a lot of photos of him and his friends and sister from younger years to now but one photo he found interesting was a colored photo that displayed a little girl and little boy. They seemed to be agruing over the book the boy was holding over her head. He tried to remember if anything like that had happened because surely he wouldn't have forgotten a moment like that.

But he couldn't remember.

Logan got up and picked up the photo and looked closer.

The little girl, who looked about five years old, had her dark hair in ringlettes, a navy blue and silver bow headband held her bangs back comfortably, her dress was a matching blue with silver beading -- it looked more uniquely hand crafted then designer brand, her shoes were silver with little bows on them -- shiny and new Nordstrom shoes -- and her face was cute. Her cheeks were flushed and her bottom lip gave a small pout. He chuckled, this was Rory -- a little Rory and she was cute as a button. His grin widened as he caught the look in her eyes in the photo. They were narrowed in a glare, the blue in her eyes were glowing bright. Her arms were at her sides with her hands in fists and she looked so cute when angry.

But then he looked at the boy and knew.

The tousled blond hair, the defiant smirk and amused brown eyes. A mischievous personality stuffed into a little tux with a blue tie that matched well with the little girl's dress. The book he held just out of her reach, seeing as he wad a head taller than her and she had to look up at him, was To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. A good book, in which at his age of seven, he'd already read twice. But something told me that she had read it more than twice before at her age.

And then he heard the door open.

***

Rory parked her car in the driveway, grabbed her bag and keys before heading to the front door and unlocking the door with her house key.

She got to the door and remembered her phone was still in the car, so she went back to get it before going back to the door.

Their new house was gift from the grandparents and Mitchum and Chris. It was close to The Boston Globe and HPG Boston HQ, in a good school district and just on the outskirts of Boston high society.

Rory opened the door and was met with silence and darkness. She smirked and placed her keys in the decorative ceramic bowl on the side table by the entrance. She closed the door and and walked further into the fully furnished house, placing her bag on coffee table in the living room. She sat down on the dark leather couch and sent a text to Logan, saying that she was home.

She took a few minutes to herself in the quiet darkness before getting up to get the take out menus.

As she made her way to the kitchen she heard something. She grabbed the nearest object and slowly made her way to where she heard the noise. As she came up to the second floor she saw a light coming from under a door. She went to it and flung the door open to fast her body went sideways a few inches from the force. The person in the room looked at her as if she was insane.

"Hey Ace, you mind putting the spatula down?"

****
Hey guys, so I'm sad to say that I'm kinda losing interest in my stories. I wish it I wasn't, but I don't want to force myself to write something I don't want to write.

Oh and I discovered something about GG!!! READ, THIS IS IMPORTANT:

I read somewhere that orignally Rory was going to get pregnant in season 7 and ASP and her husband left it because of a disagreement with the network. Also behind the scenes there was a merger with networks happening and they didn't have very many writers to continue on.

So I did some research and found out that the only reason they pushed Jess into the story line was so that Luke and Lorelai's relationship would be stretched out longer, so basically without Jess Lore and Luke would probably be married way earlier.

And Chris and Lorelai's elopment, Lane getting pregnant and Logan's proposal were out of nowhere and weren't supposed to happen.

Also the whole Gilmore Girl, ranting, references, and whole 9 yards were basically missing the vibe, so I think that's why everyone disliked S7.