Part 7

Once Lorelai left the premises everyone tried to calm down, music slowly started playing and for the course of the late evening the unexpected outburst was forgotten. Except only a few people still had it in their minds.

People were dancing and having fun, but Rory was sulking, it hurt to know that her relationship with her mother has finally snapped. There was no chance it would be mended. Not now, not ever.

Logan tried to comfort her as best he can, but Rory was hiding something from him and he didn't particularly like that.

"Ace... please talk to me." Logan said with much concern. Rory looked at him in his eyes. Every emotion playing through the bright blue eyes he loved so much, however her normally bright blue eyes were now dulled and didn't have the regular sparkle.

"Logan... I -" Rory glanced around, "not here."

Logan nodded and they secretly walked off to find a private place to talk.

They came across an empty room that seemed to be an office of some sort although it was empty with no belongings.

Rory locked the door, and then faced Logan. She took a deep breath.

"This isn't exactly how I pictured telling you anything that's happened to me in the past 6 years."

Logan nodded, he knew that the situation was odd, but he needed to talk with her and it couldn't wait.

"It was about 5-6 weeks after graduation when I was feeling off. I was little over a month into the campaign trail. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I continued on the trail. It wasn't until after the fact that I passed out from low blood pressure that I went to the hospital to find out... to find out I was pregnant." Rory choked on a sob, "I was in complete shock and I knew I had to tell you, but I never had the courage. Within the next few days, I was completely stressed out. I was given a major assignment, and at the moment I forgot I was pregnant. It was five days before I hit eight weeks when I had a miscarriage. I didn't notice until my friend dragged me to the hospital for the second time."

Rory took the courage to look Logan straight in the eye, he was speechless, "Hugo gave me a month off to deal with the loss that I had. It was hard, but once the month was over I went back and worked constantly. Putting it to the back of my mind. The trail although ended in fast time. I was offered a few jobs, Hartford Chronicle, Stanford Gazette, Boston Globe and Providence News. I was offered reporting jobs and one editorial spot. My mind was scattered and I couldn't turn to mom, so I went to dad. We talked, I figured things out, but it was hard with the loss still on my shoulders. I got into a depressed state, and I was having a bit of trouble getting to where I wanted. I chose the job at Boston Globe, mainly because it was better pay, close to my dad and flexible hours. I was the features editor and had my own column. I had a blog as well. Cathy, my boss, was a great support because she knew my situation well. She had a couple miscarriages before, and was really devastated, but her husband helped her through it. I felt alone. All alone. Finn found me in Boston not long after a year I started there. I lost contact after the thing in Manhattan. You were always on my mind, Logan. You always were..." Rory had tears in her eyes, "There were so many times where I wished you were next to me. The pain hurt. It hurt to know that you weren't there, that you didn't know." At that point Rory's voice cracked, she was crying.

Logan didn't know what to say, he was crying his own tears. It hurt him to see his Ace in such a state. He pulled her into a tight embrace and they both cried. Logan had silent tears falling as he held Rory in his arms, whom was crying heavily into his shoulder.

After about 20 minutes of crying, Rory calmed down a bit. She wiped the tears from her face and looked back at Logan.

"I've been talking to a therapist for almost four years. I stopped last year because I finally got over it, I wasn't dwelling on it as much." Rory sniffles.