Part 10

In a silver Mercedes mini van, sat the Geller-McMaster couple. Paris was at the wheel...

"No, Doyle! Two kids are enough I am not going to have to do single parenting with three kids!"

"Paris! We are married you won't be a single parent!"

"You're gone most of the time, I might as well have raised them myself!" Paris pressed a bit more on the gas pedal.

"We have nannies!"

"Who quit after seeing all those stairs!"

"You bought that house!"

"Exactly! It's my property so leave it!"

"You can't kick me out!"

"I can and I did!"

And just then as they ran a yellow light a truck from the left ran into the driver side above 90mph making the car glide across the road at full force into a street lamp on the passenger side.

Sirens rang minutes after Doyle passed out with a hazzy memory of his wife next to him all broken and bloody and barely alive.

****

Mitchum just finished a meeting with is lawyers about his divorce to Shira. It is to a quick thing, so he decides to pay a visit and let her know what will be her fate.

When he went to visit her in custody, she had a face of relief when she saw him.

"Oh Mitchum good your here! I can finally get out of this rat hole." Shira said and then turned to the guard next to her, "You can unchain me now."

The guard ignored her.

"Hey! I'm talking to you mister!" He still ignored her. She huffed and faced Mitchum.

"Shira, I'm not taking you home."

"What?" She gasped.

"I've filed for divorce and in the next couple weeks you'll be out on the streets and be the sluty waitress you were before we met." He said coldly.

"Mitchum! No, no, no, no! I can't go back to that life! I can't!" Shira cried.

"I would say I'm sorry, but we both know that I don't mean it. Goodbye Shira." Mitchum gets up to leave.

"Mitchum!" She squeaks, "Where am I to live?"

"I'll pay for an apartment and the first six months of rent, but by then you need to find your own job and provide for yourself." Mitchum simply says and walks out.

****

Across the way, in Martha's Vineyard...

A 58-year-old, silver-streaked-raven-haired, hazel-blue-eyed woman was tending to the roses in the garden of her Vineyard home.

She hummed to one of her favorite songs by the Beatles as she trimmed the branches and clipped a few roses to take in side to put in a crystal vase.

It's been days since she last spoke to Mitchum. She wanted to talk to him again, but she knew he needed the space and the time right now.

She remembered what spurred on the call that day.

"Oh come on Niki! Call him. He hasn't heard from you in years and I'm sure he'd love to know what his son is up to." Monica said over the phone. Veronica's persistent 49 year-old sister always encouraged her to go after Mitchum. She loved playing matchmaker.

"I don't know Monica. I don't think he'd want to talk to me."

"No talk to you?! He loved you! He was in love with you, and was about to propose when the slutty waitress spoke up about her pregnancy!" Monica ranted, muttering gold digger to herself but Veronica heard it loud and clear.

"That's all in the past little sister."

"Whatever. Call him." She said demandingly.

"Okay, okay. I'll think about it."

"Good, because I'm at the exit and if you don't call him I'll make you when I get there."

"Goodbye little sis."

Veronica hangs up and sits on her soft couch and stares at the phone in her hands for a few minutes and she opened her contacts and scrolled until his name was in front of her eyes glowing and taunting her to dare press the call button. She takes a deep breath and clicks call.

It rings twice before it's picked up.

"Mitchum Huntzberger."

At the sound of his gruff voice her stomach flipped.

And soon she spoke.

The idea of being with him was always a fantasy, a dream that would never happen.

But there was that fateful day when they ran into each other again.

At the time she was barely 29 and he just 31.

He had two children: Honor, 5. Logan, 16 months.

He was there in Seattle for business and she was there for her book tour. Yes, she was a writer. For children's books. And one young adult trilogy.

They ran into each other at a coffee shop her coffee spilled over her green blouse.

They stayed in contact for weeks, months even.

After about nearly four months of contact they met up at a bar and of course there was to much to drink and a lot of dancing.

Before they knew it a child was conceived that night. Which she didn't find out until four months after the fact, just over 18 weeks. Too late for an abortion.

When she told Mitchum, she was six months and expecting a boy. He told her everything would be okay and he would figure something out. Well, that something became nothing.

His mother yelled at him for marrying Shira, his father yelled at him for being irresponsible. Shira just turned her head, but firmly stated she wouldn't raise the child of his mistress. They couldn't divorce or else Shira would get something out of it so he stayed married but he was present to the birth.

Months later she met Alexander DuGrey. He was charmed by the child she had and loved her. They married when Tristan, the baby boy, was only three. Alex DuGrey adopted him and they put DuGrey as his last name. The DuGrey family opened their arms to her and welcomed the little tot. But now almost 30 years later they had a divorce because he "fell out of love", well actually he had three mistresses. One was pregnant and he stepped up and married her so the baby wouldn't be out of wedlock. Nobody remembers that Tristan was out of wedlock because they believed that he was theirs since Alex was blond.

Interesting backstory?

Veronica reminisced her past only now does she hope for a better future. Hopefully one with her love of her life this time.

****
Okay so I got inspiration and ta da!