Part 9

...

After a long period of silence Logan looked at his wife.

She was beautiful, despite the tear stains on her cheeks and puffy eyes. Her hair was still wet, but he could see the slight curl in her dark chocolate locks as they dried. She had no make up on, that's what he loved about her, she has such a natural beauty that it doesn't take much for him to fall in love with her over again each day. He didn't see her gorgeous blue eyes since they were closed, but he knew they weren't going to be ablaze in joy, but in looks of sadness and heartbreak. Not because of the marriage - thankfully - but because of the loss she experienced, and he wasn't there. He wasn't there, but he wished he had been. If it weren't for his fabulous display at her graduation they could've had a mini Rory or Logan running around, maybe more. But maybe it's better this way? To work things out together, fight for one another, get through the hard things together, In Omina Paratus, right? Everything together isn't everything alone. At least hopefully. Leaning on each other for support is important. Being there is everything. As Logan's thoughts trail off.

Rory opens her eyes to see Logan with his mind at work.

"Logan?" She asked softly.

He didn't respond. His eyes looked to be far away as he stares at the wall.

"Logan?" Said a bit more loudly.

He snapped out of his daze and looked at her.

"Hey."

"Hey... you okay?" Rory asked as she softly drew random things on his back in a soothing way.

"Yeah. Yeah, I just - um, you got a call from the hospital they said to call back as soon as you can."

Rory's eyes widened and she rushed to find her phone.

"Ace?"

"Yeah?"

"What's going on? Why did the hospital call you?"

"I...don't know, but I think I know the answer but I'm not 100% positive about it."

"What?"

"Aha! Got it! One second." Rory rushes into the bathroom to make her call.

****

"...No, no, yeah I completely understand. I... Of course, yes, I will be there for an appointment next month. Uh... well I'm going on my honeymoon tomorrow, so... oh thank you. Yes, thank you. Mhmm. Okay thank you, bye." Rory slumps down on the toilet seat lid and sighs, "Why me?"

In that call was something that Rory feared for her life. Of course she's not sick or anything, she's completely healthy. But a nurse was contacting her as an emergency contact for a friend she hasn't spoke to in a while. The names Paris Geller-McMaster & Doyle McMaster were brought to attention. Apparently being a godmother can be intimidating.

"At least I only have to take care of Elise." She muttered.

If she were to be stuck with all three, that would be a death sentence. But Elise was her favorite. She looked a lot like her mother but didn't inherit the hot headed attitude. She was sweet and kind but when she wanted something she'd get it. She was a debater. She was the second born.

Rory sighed and got up to leave the bathroom.

Logan looked up at her.

Rory spoke softly.

"Paris and Doyle got into a car accident, their children weren't with them thankfully. It's pretty bad. They wanted to contact me to tell me that I will be Elise's guardian until they recover. Which I assume will be a while since Doyle is now in a coma and Paris is still unknown. Her other two kids will live with their godparent or parents I don't know, but I got the luck of the crop and got the good kid."

"Okay... so do you want to cancel the honeymoon?" Logan asked carefully.

"What? No! Elise is going to live with her brother and sister for a month and then they give Elise to me."

"Okay."

"And I know this is sudden, but we'll have to work together on this. I mean think of it as a... parent training."

"Parent training?" Logan says, his smile grows showing his amusement. A glimmer in his eyes spark love and lust.

"Yeah, she's only four. It'll help for when we try..." Rory says blushing lightly as she looks at him beneath her eyelashes, innocently.

"I'm down for trying." Logan said huskily in a low voice.

"So soon? I thought you'd wanna wait a couple years before having children." She said leaning towards him.

"I've already missed 6 years."

****

Okay that's all I got. So far. For the next four days I'll be gone so here is this update.

Hope u like it. Thanks for reading! Luv u all!♡♡♡