Part 3

The black SUV that Logan sat in, drove for a few hours away from the New York airport.

Colin had handed him a few glasses of scotch during the ride and the car smelled highly of alcohol, well, scotch mainly. It was still a very silent ride. He knew the presence of two being Colin and Robert, but there was one other...

Logan was half asleep when the car jerked to a completed stop. There was some muttering before someone dragged him out of the car. Logan was then guided to a room, and the door was locked after they entered.

Colin then untied the blindfold, giving Logan the gift of sight.

Logan looked around confused. The room was familiar to him, but he couldn't put a finger on it. He saw Colin with a garment bag in one hand and his overnight bag in the other.

"Okay, what's going on?" Logan asked.

"Put this on, and then we talk."

Logan was pushed into the bathroom with the garment bag.

He opened the bag and saw a tux, similar to the one he wore when he was with her. He sighed, then changed into the nicely pressed tux.

He exited the bathroom to find the room empty. He looked around and realized that is was his old dorm. He looked for any clue as to why he was there when he saw a cream envelope with Logan's name on it, in black ink, in a very intricate script design.

He grabbed it and opened it to find a small note in big bold letters:

LOVE

Logan was quite confused, he couldn't figure out what it meant.

So he then looked around to find anything else in the room as another clue.

His overnight bag. Although it seemed to not be a clue, but Colin was holding it in a careful way... like something precious was inside.

He went over to the bag and opened it, nothing seemed odd or out of place

Except.

Except a small blue box with a silver bow and a tag.

He picked it up and saw the tag was in his dad's handwriting.

"Odd." Logan thought.

I think you might need this - Dad

Logan was shocked to say the least, honestly he didn't know what to think.

He took the tag and bow off and decided to chance it, and so he opened the small blue box. He had a hunch of what it was, but wanted to be wrong. Very very wrong.

He lifted the lid and there it was.

The platinum banded, three-stone diamond, perfectly cut engagement ring with the three words: In Omnia Paratus engraved inside of the band.

He hurried to close the lid and took a breather. He saw the note on the table again.

LOVE + engagement ring = ???

Logan didn't know what to think, but then it clicked.

Logan suddenly gasped, "No... They wouldn't."

That's when the door suddenly burst open.

And there standing in all his glory....