Part 14

Rory looked at Logan in shock for a long moment before she was pulled back to reality by Logan trying to pry the spatula away from her, took a second before she pulled her hand away and started to hit Logan with the spatula -- not very hard, but not that soft.

"What is wrong with you?!"

Logan began laughing as he tried to protect himself from the spatula.

"It's not funny! You scared the crap out of me!" Rory cried with a pout, a smile was trying break free as the moment became really funny.

"Hey now, hey now! Watch it!" Logan laughed and then finally grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him.

"You should've texted me you were already home." Rory said softly, looking at him like a mother scolding her child.

Logan gave a ridiculously big grin and leaned into her more, "Well where's the fun in that?"

"I thought the boogieman was in the house."

"The boogieman?"

"Yeah, you know the guy that is evil and scares people with terrifying nightmares."

"You've been watching too much Disney."

"Rise of the Guardians is Pixar, Logan. There's a difference."

"I don't think so. Pixar and Disney do a lot of movies together."

"They are archenemies."

"And?"

"And... there is a difference. Disney uses villains while Pixar uses unconventional circumstances and/or responsibilities."

"Okay. I am not going to go into this with you." Logan said and pried the spatula from Rory's hand.

"Why not?"

"Because you will then go into ranting mode, and as much as I love your rants. Dinner is arriving in ten minutes and we will be eating outside before we head out to the airstrip."

"Movie?" Rory pouts.

"I made sure the plane was stocked with all your favorites and mine. Tonight, I feel that we need to talk about a lot of things."

Rory nodded, "Okay."

"Okay. Now go take a nice relaxing bath in the meantime, because I know you want to make a list of points to talk about and you can do that mentally while in the bath." Logan then started to guide her to the master suite.

***

Rory came downstairs in Yale sweats, fuzzy socks, and her hair in a wet ponytail. She went onto the back porch and found Logan setting out Indian take out. Rory squealed and barreled into Logan.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

Logan laughed as Rory got settled into the chair next to his and picking out of one of the take out containers.

"I never said we couldn't eat outside the house, so I made a compromise. You get Indian and I don't have to burn the house down. That and I knew you'd just order it anyways."

Rory laughed and grinned at Logan, "Logan, thank you."

"Not a problem, I got to keep you happy for this marriage to last." Logan winked.

Rory rolled her eyes, a smile still playing on her face.

"We have about an hour to eat and talk before we head off to the jet."

"Okay. Where should we start?"

"The beginning. Why we parted ways. Why did you say no, Rory?"

Rory's nose scrunched up, "Okay, hard stuff first. Got it. Okay... um... why I said no... well, firstly, it wasn't because of you. You didn't do anything wrong. I... I was in a hard place. I couldn't do... anything! At first it was finals week, then the results, then the graduating party grandma planned, then the fellowship -- which I didn't get, and then my mom questioning my relationship with you for the past couple weeks and- "