chapter 3: Attack on Paladin Castle

In the middle of the night I heard an unusual sound outside there was a shadow of a creature I've never seen before so I called mistress Marron "mistress, I need to tell you that there is some strange outside near the gate" I said "okay I'll check it out so get some sleep" she replied I tried to get back to sleep but I just couldn't, and then I heard a crash and a bang when I looked out the window I saw many more monsters and other different shadows. The castle was under attack from an unknown enemy. A knock came from my door. It was Cameron telling me that we must go to the main hall for instructions on how to deal with this attack. Once in the main hall the king had already sent the other apprentices out of the castle to safety then turned to Cameron and I.

"You both must get to the forest so you can stay safe", said king Alfred. "But what about mistress Marron and lord Gallatin? will they be okay?" I replied "They'll be fine they are masters after all aren't they", said king Alfred. 'Come on Dylan we must get to the forest I'm sure that they'll meet up with us later" said Cameron "okay if you're sure about this Cameron I'll go" I replied. "Quick tack the tunnel to the catacombs, they'll take you to the forest" said king Alfred. We looked up the towards the winding tunnel ahead, "yes and thank you for this your majesty".

Once in the tunnel I could hear the voice of the king saying he will not let his castle fall into the hands of the enemy. Once we were in the forest "Let's stop for a while to regain our energy okay" said Cameron "Okay that's fine by me but what if the enemy catches us here resting" I replied. Then I heard a sound coming from behind us. "Who is there show yourself?" I said it was mistress Marron. "Mistress Marron are you okay? what happened to you? You're bleeding" said Cameron. "Don't worry I'm fine for now but Dylan come here please" said Marron. "Yes mistress Marron what is it? Is there anything I can do for you to relieve your pain?" I replied, 'No there isn't anything you can do just yet, but can you please summon one of your spirits?" asked Marron, "Sure which one would you like to see master?" I replied "Lyra the harp please I just love her singing voice" said Marron. "Of course mistress" I replied then I said "OPEN GATE OF THE HARP LYRA!".

Then a flash of light a little girl appeared from the light. "Hay there Dylan what can I do for you?" said Lyra. "Hey Lyra how are you it's been awhile" I said "I'm great. What is it that you need from me tonight Dylan?" said Lyra. "It isn't me but my mistress that asked for you" I replied. "Oh and what is it that your mistress wants with me tonight?" asked Lyra. "Could you sing me a song please?" asked Marron. "Of course I will. What type of song would you like?" replied Lyra. "Anything that has an upbeat rhythm if you would please" replied Marron. "as you wish" Lyra said, so she held out her hands and a magnificent golden harp appeared out of nowhere with a mermaid on it and started to strum a couple of strings.

So Lyra begun to sing a lovely song that melted the hearts of everyone that heard it but when it was over mistress Marrons eyes were closed I thought she was asleep but when I went to wake her up the next morning she didn't wake her skin was as pale as a peace of ice and her eyes were as black as a dark void. "Rest in peace mistress Marron" I said "I'm so sorry for your loss Dylan. She was a great teacher" said Cameron, "she wasn't just a teacher to me she was like a mother to me she found me as a baby in the river as a baby and she took me in and started to teach me magic but it wasn't till kindergarten you remember right?" I said.

"Yes I remember that day you blew my socks off" said Cameron. "So can you summon any zodiac celestial spirits and can you wear any celestial garments Dylan' asked Cameron. 'Yes I can summon six of the twelve zodiacs celestial spirits and I can wear their celestial garments" I replied. "Which ones are they can you tell me?" asked Cameron. "Oh they are Aquarius the water barer, Gemini the twins, Libra the balance, Leo the lion, Taurus the bull and Sagittarius the archer they are the only ones at the moment" I replied. "Well were should we go now?" asked Cameron "I've got a friend in the Oracle kingdom so why not there" I replied. "That's a good idea" said Cameron.