chapter 10: the beast from the shadow

The beast was relentless attacking anything that moved "try your spells guys maybe they will have some effect on it" said Malcolm "okay let's do it then" said William "give me some time I'll look for a spell" I said as I looked through the book I heard the others getting hurt I thought I must hurry then one of the blank pages started to glow and writing started to appear on the page and so I resisted the words "may the seven stars of protection have judgment on you, Grand Chariot" I yelled before the spell was casted I noticed a mark on its shoulder it was a black star and then the little dipper appeared in the sky above the others and the monster "get out of there you guys before the spell hurts you" I said as the others were able to get away from the monster but before the monster had any time to reacted thousands of spears of light attacked the beast "where did those spears of light come from?" asked Ordon "they came from my spell called Grand Chariot which attacks an certain area that's why I told you to get away from the beast" I said.

It took us awhile to get back on track but we made it to the border and set up camp for the night "hay Dylan do you think you can cast the site beyond site spell just so we know what to expect from Shannon" asked Ordon "I don't think that's a good idea because the first time I did I thought I would lose myself in that power" I replied "don't worry we'll be here to help you in any way we can so don't worry" said William and Malcolm, Cameron and Ordon all nodded in agreement "fine you'll pull me out if it starts going bad right" I asked the others "yes we will" said Ordon.

"Ok here I go, crystals eyes of the blue night sky let me see that is unseen to the present eye" I said then I was back in Shannon's castle but this time I was in some kind of garden I went through the garden till I saw four people sitting in the greenhouse it was Shannon and his three sons Axle, Liam and Marcus the shadow riders they were talking about something "WHAT! The shadow drake was defeated by four weak children what is the meaning of this" yelled Shannon in rage "it was that celestial mage Dylan that defeated it with a new spell" said Axle "so they were the ones that sent that monster to attack us I have to tell the others" I said "you are there aren't you mage it's rude to listen in on other people's conversations" said Shannon then turn to look at where I was floating "you and your friends will fall and I will win this war" said Shannon then started to laugh.

When I opened my eyes and I was back at the camp site "so what did you find out about Shannon and his sons?" said William "they were the ones that sent that monster to attack us and they also seem to know about the site beyond site spell" I said "but how is that possible the spells are only know by the five legendary warriors" said Ordon "then how does Shannon know about it?" I said "I have no idea why not ask one of your celestial spirits" asked Malcolm "that's a great idea and I know just the spirit" I said then I stood up and went to the opposite side of the camp and started to summon the spirit "OPEN THE GEAT OF THE SOUTHERN CROSS, CRUCIS" I said then there was a flash of light and a floating cross appeared when it was actually an old man in the shape of a cross "everybody this is farther cross" I said "hello there Dylan how have you been and what do you need from me today?" said Farther Cross "can you tell me anything about a dark mage named Shannon" I asked.

"Shannon now that's a name I thought I'd never hear again" said Crucis "why is that farther cross?" I asked "Shannon was in fact a celestial mage like you but he had fallen to the manipulation of the dark side of celestial magic" said Crucis"why did he go to the dark side?" asked Malcolm "he was driven to the dark side when he was banished from his home kingdom" said farther cross "well that's interesting, but what about him knowing about the book of the legendary warrior of the stars?" I asked "that is simple it is because he was one of the previous guardian of the books of the six legendary warriors" said farther cross "wait, what he was the guardian of the books so that's why he knows about my site beyond site spell" I said.