one !

"JEFF MAYBE I SHOULD drive home." I said nervously as my brother grabbed my wrist out the party.

"No."

"Hey, Jeff, where you going? Shit, Dillon?" Clay asked, mumbling the last part more to himself.

"Taking her home." Jeff gave a tight smile. I knew he was pissed. His grip on my arm and the tone of his voice. Was not reassuring at all.

"Are you sure? You seem really drunk." Clay raised a brow. Yeah, please knock some sense into him. It'll do us a favor.

"No. I'm fine." Jeff paused, looking at me, "I just have to get her home safely. Without our parents knowing."

Jeff started walking away from Clay, pulling me with him.

Soon enough the both of us make it to his car. I get into the passenger seat while he climbs into the drivers side. I, for sure, was worried about his intoxication. I was also very much scared.

I don't think I've ever seen him this mad before and it scares me. When he's mad, it's not this bad. I might have came to this party but he wouldn't be this mad.

"Jeff, you really shouldn't be driving." I worried. I was scared for our safety. Not mine, but ours. I felt like something bad was going to happen and it wasn't going to end good.

"Jesus Christ Dillon! Just shut up! Can you do that for a minute? You're gonna get us into so much trouble if mom and dad found out you went." Jeff kept his eyes on the road.

"We're the same age. How could I be the one getting us into trouble when we both went?" I pointed. I was not about to let him give me all the blame.

"Because it's different. They don't care if I go and do whatever because it's— just different." He exclaimed.

"No it's because you're a guy right? And I'm a girl. I can't do things because I'm a girl. That's bullshit." I looked out the window. "Slow down, Jeff."

Everything was a blur outside the window. Yes, I know it usually is always a blur when in a moving vehicle. I could feel the speed of the car and it wasn't safe.

"Don't tell me what to do Dill, okay? Besides I'm not going that fast." You could hear the irritation in his voice. We were silent for a few minutes. Just a few.

"Jesus Christ Jeff, slow the fuck down!" I yelled. He started laughing as he slowly eased onto the breaks. "You thought that was funny?"

"A little. Every time Dill, every time." He cracks a small smile.

"That's not funny dude. That's messed up." I breathed.

"Lighten up." He chuckled.

"What the hell? Me? You about gave me seven heart attacks at once. You went all maniac on me." I argued.

"Get over it." He huffed.

"God I hate you so much." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, back at you." And from the corner of my eye I could see a smile on his face, and a car coming towards us. Everything after was blank.

All I saw was a bright light. The light was leaving and everything was blurry. Everything I heard was muffled and I can hear a guy saying something. Just something and I couldn't understand. I could see clear, but it seemed to be slow. Every movement I looked around it dragged.

"Jeff." I croak looking around. Where was I?

"Ma'am, can you hear me?" Someone asked. I continued to look around frantically for my brother.

"Jeff?" Ignored the guys question. "Where's Jeff? Where's my brother?" I asked.

"Ma'am, I need you to relax for me." He put his hand lightly on me.

"No where's Jeff? Jeff!" I yelled.

"Ma'am calm down."

"No. No no no." My vision started to get blurry again. A drop fell on my cheek and all I was saying was one word over and over again. Just until I passed out, once again. Jeff.

—————

Again. I was back to the start. It was different. The lighting was different. It wasn't shoved into my face like it was last time.

Was I awake? Was I dead? I have no clue at this point.

I looked around the room, being able to see clearly without anything dragging. I was in a hospital for sure.

Then something clicked in.

"Jeff." My voice was hoarse. How long have I been out?

I jumped slightly from someone's head lifting.

"Oh God. Dillon baby you're awake." It was my mom and she seemed relieved. Happy even.

"Jeff." I murmured to myself. I think my mom heard me because her face changed expressions. It was pity, but also sadness. "Jeff."

"Baby. I'm so sorry." She started to cry. Why— why was she crying?

"Jeff." Is that the only thing I can say? Jesus can't I say anything but that name. I want to ask why are you crying, what's wrong, what happened, why am I here. For some reason I can't. I just can't.

"He didn't survive the crash." She managed to say in-between cries. What no. That can't be. He has to be alive. If I'm still here he should be too.

"Jeff." I said again. A ringing started in my ear. A very light but blocking ring.

I heard a door open and then talking. I don't know what was being said at all. I kept speaking though. The only word I've seem to manage to say this whole time.

Okay so ik this suck rn. Well at least this chapter. I seriously rewrote this chapter three times bc I wasn't sure how I wanted to start it until now.

I literally wrote this in like idk but it's late.

Don't forget to vote and next chapter will be out soon.