four !

WALKING INTO SCHOOL SEEMED to be harder than I thought. It's just the fact of all eyes on me. I hate that. I don't see why people think that it's necessary to do so.

I reach my locker and put in the combination. Once I get it open I start putting in books that I wouldn't need until afternoon.

"Hey Dillon, I'm sorry about Jeff." I turn to see Hannah Baker looking down at her feet as she talked.

"It's fine, things happen and sometimes they aren't the best." I breathe. I close my locker and lean on my side against the lockers facing her.

"I actually need to tell you something. It's, um, it's important." Hannah bit her bottom lip as if she was nervous. She moved around shuffling her feet as she looked down before taking a look at me.

"Uh yeah go ahe—." I started off but was soon interrupted by my best friend.

"Oh my god Dill!" Carolina wrapped me into a tight hug. We stay like that for at least a minute before letting go. When that happens I turn to see that Hannah was long gone. What the hell?

"I'm so sorry I couldn't make it for you durning the funeral. I feel really bad, it's just- you know." She started to ramble off to me.

Hey, C, it's fine really I understand." I gave her a smile.

Carolina and I have been friends since the year started, kind of. Ever since Bryce Walker's parents adopted Carolina we've been close. That was the only time Jeff would let me around the boys surprisingly. Was when we went to their place, only for me to stay with Carolina, which caused me to meet her in the first place.

Then we just continued to hang out and we had gotten pretty close. I'm glad I have her around really. I don't know what I would do without her, including at a time like now.

"Here let me carry your things." She took my bag. I rolled my eyes at her and took my bag back.

"Dude, I broke my arm, not my shoulders." I laughed.

"Right, I still could've done it." She continued. We started walking to first period.

We started making conversation, which we gladly dodged talking about Jeff again. Again, as always, I'm being interrupted by someone, but this one was an exception when i saw it was Scott.

"Oh, hey. For a minute I thought I was gonna have to beat someone up for interrupting me for the past week." I laughed at the last part.

"Haha, no. Let me walk you ladies to your class." He jumped in the middle of us and linked our arms together.

The three of us walked to mine and Carolina's class. We said our byes to Scott and walked into class. The minute we sit down my best friend has a smirk on her face as she looks at me.

"Since when?" She asked. I looked at her confused, well pretending to be. It wasn't a big deal, seriously.

"Dude, he came to my house after the funeral. We started talking about Jeff right after we said it was stupid to be talking about memories with him. You know what Jeff would've wanted." I explained it to her. She nodded her head to the last part understandingly.

"Oh, well then. Did you and Scotty exchange numbers— wait you think you should talk to him even after..." she trailed off. I knew where she was getting at.

"Yes and I don't know." I shrugged. "But yet you and Monty are doing it but you have to hide it."

"Hey! Do not bring my relationship into this you dork. This is about you." She slapped my arm playfully, and lightly since it was my hurt one.