seven !

AS SOON AS I opened my eyes and acknowledge the light seeping through the curtains. I groan loudly and turn the other direction closing my eyes. I don't even want to know what time it is. I'll just go back to sleep for a couple more hours. Except that wasn't what happened.

I groan again as I slowly get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I just had to pee. My body couldn't wait later to have to pee.

Once I finish and wash my hands I go downstairs for breakfast. My hangover wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was there but I could tolerate things a little more than what it could've been.

I sit down at the table seeing my dad sitting down with his phone in hand, most likely looking over the news about something, and my mom was making coffee and putting breakfast on plates.

She set down my dads plate of breakfast in front of him and took his phone, putting it on the counter. We weren't one of those no phones at the table family. Yes we thought it was rude, but half the time we didn't really care.

The minute my mom set a plate of food in front of me I started eating. My dad was quickly eating his food, guessing he has work today.

I was enjoying my food, savoring it—since my moms cooking is great.

Before I knew it, my dad got up from his seat, put his plate in the sink, and kissed my moms cheek. He walked to me kissing me on the head before saying his goodbyes as he left.

It was quiet between my mom and I. All you can here is the clattering of forks hitting the porcelain plates.

"It was nice of that boy to help you last night." My mom glanced at me from her food as she cleared her throat. I almost choked on my food.

I quickly grab my glass of orange juice and take a few sips. What the heck.

"Hm?" I hummed, "Oh yeah, Scotty. He drove me home and helped me to bed before leaving."

"Yes dear, I saw that." My mom gave me a straight face, "Hope to see him more often."

"What?" I choke out. Why are moms so full of surprises? I don't think I can handle eating anymore. Every time she says something I choke that's not cool mom, not cool.

"Ah, yes. He seems like a nice kid. Are you guys dating?" She asked. My eyes go wide as I look at her. This time I did choke. I really did choke.

"No! We're just friends, I met him like a month ago, mom." I cough a few times, recovering.

"Oh." She frowned. "I talked to him last night while he was on his way out. He looks very familiar, like I've seen him around. Handsome isn't he? Honey, are you sure you haven't known him longer?"

"No mom. And you probably have seen him, he's Jeff's friend." I didn't want to mention his name. Especially to my mom, but did anyways.

We got quiet for a few until I got up to rinse my plate off. I told her I was going to take a shower since I was still in my clothes from last night and didn't even notice.

I go upstairs back to my room to grab a tank top and shorts. It's not like I'm going anywhere today. It's the weekend and I'm pretty sure a lot of people are recovering from last night, mostly my friends.

I go to the bathroom, grabbing a towel, and shutting the door behind me. I turn the water on, adjusting the warmth before turning it to the shower cap. Once I take off my clothes I go into the shower.

I couldn't help but relax into the water hitting me with its warmth. I stand just relaxing for minutes before finally washing myself and my hair, while also having a few singing sessions and talking to myself.