six !

"FUCK!" I EXCLAIMED WALKING out of the house.

"What's wrong?" Of course. I just need someone to talk to me right now. I turned around about to tell the person to go away until I saw who it was.

It was Scotty and since he was there to see what happened I might as well talk to him.

"I really think I just fucked up in there. I really shouldn't have said anything. I think I said too much." I stopped walking and laid down on the grass. I was looking up at the stars as my body laid sprawled out.

"Why? I thought you should've." I looked over to see that he was laying down beside me now.

"But I could've slipped it out and then Carolina would never forgive me. I took an oath. Hell, I helped her out to do it anyways. Always hyping her out." I sighed.

"And that's a bad thing. Dude, you practically started a relationship and I know who you're talking about. Everyone does actually, other than Bryce." He faced me.

I turned on my side, now completely facing him. "Wh— how?" I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.

"The way Monty and her look at each other." He whispered. I opened my mouth in an 'O' not able to say anything at first. "It looked like Bryce wanted to beat the shit out of you low key."

"He probably did for me talking to him like that." I laughed.

I turned back looking at the stars in the sky. I loved how if you looked at them right you can see them twinkle in the dark sky. I've always loved the night. I always spent them with Jeff looking at the stars, talking about like.

"Scott?"

"Yeah."

"Why do you talk to me?" I asked.

"I don't know. I guess you're worth trying to talk to."  He shrugged. "Why?"

"I don't know. I guess maybe I thought you pitied me." I answered honestly.

"Hell no. I would never. Jeff was like my best friend I couldn't do that to his sister." He looked at me.

"Is that all you see me as?" I looked him in the eyes. No where else.

"No. I see you more than just his sister. You're your own person and I see that." I said a quiet oh as we just laid there.

I didn't even bother looking at the stars anymore. I just stayed looking at him as he looked at me. It was dim so you couldn't see much, but you could still see. The moonlight hit his face just right and so did the streets light posts.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but for some reason I couldn't really bring myself to kill the silence or get up. It might've been the fact that I was slightly drunk or that I was just comfortable, but either way worked.

It didn't last long though. Nothing ever seems to last long around here anymore. Everything seems to be dying and it's not really fun.

"Are they passed out on the yard?" One person said. I recognized the voice to be Clay Jenson.

I never saw him going to parties until the infamous Hannah Baker came to school here. It hasn't been very good for her around here either. So many rumors have been spread about the girl, but I knew they weren't true. If they were, I know they've been twisted in words.

I never trusted rumors from anyone. I just have to hear the full story from the person it is spread from. It was weird that I was thinking about her since she was with Clay surprisingly. I was not expecting that to be honest.

"I don't know, Helmet." A feminine voice was heard.

At this since they were probably going to start investigating I moved which caused Clay to scream since he was actually a few inches from my face to see if I was passed out or not.

Hannah started to laugh at her friend and so did Scott.

"We're very much awake, Jenson." Scott said while laughing at him.

I didn't think I would scare him. I thought maybe they might've went to get a closer look. I didn't think Clay would get so close to my face to see if J was even alive for christ sakes.

"Sorry." I muttered. Before I knew it I was getting help up and once my feet were on the ground everything started to spin. I guess J was more drunk than I thought I was.

An arm snaked around my waist holding me up as J leaned on them.

"Okay drunkie, lets get going. I'll take you home." I look up to see Scott walking us to a car.

I didn't know how much I had to drink or what I drank.

Scott tried his best sitting me in his car. I gave him a small thank you once he closed the passenger door for me.

I leaned my head on the window and closed my eyes. I heard the a door open and close seconds after that. I knew it was just Scott getting in the car so I didn't even open my eyes.

I don't know how late it was, but I was tired. I just wanted to be in my head and sleep all night and day. I should've stayed home. I should've listened to my gut telling me don't be dumb stay home and avoid a hangover the next morning.

I was just thinking to myself as I was slowly falling asleep in the passenger side of Scott Reeds' car.

Before I knew it we came to a stop and I was halfway asleep. I brought myself to unbuckle the seatbelt that was securing me in my spot.

The door opened and I was being helped out of car. I tried to not be dead weight as I stumbled around as he held me up.

"Are your parents home?" Scott asked as we made it to the door. I was thinking if they went out tonight, but I don't know what time it is to know if they were still gone.

"Uh, no actually they stayed home so they'd be here when I got back, but I'm sure they're asleep by now." I said. I've just now realized the slight slur in my voice when I talked.

Scott opened the front door, which wasn't locked, and walked us through. We started our way up the stairs as quietly as could be so we didn't wake anybody up, if no one was up.

I hate stairs. It's always the most difficult thing in any bad situation.

I pointed out where my room was since he's never been there nor ever see me walk out of it. Including that when the boys would come over they would mostly stay downstairs.

I was laid in my bed getting comfortable. I had taken my shoes off, getting help from Scott and I laid down. My blanket was tossed over me and I closed my eyes.

I opened them slightly to see Scott leaving my room. I open my mouth and quietly say something, more of a mumble as I closed my eyes.

"goodnight Scotty."

I think he might be said it back but by now I just wasn't listening.

—————

so here's this chapter. it's kinda lame ik but sorrynotsorry.

i have 2 books out.

one is called sincerely me, which is my rants, letters, things i like/hate, and more. that's just to get a little intel on me. you can see it on my profile of course so check it out if you're interested.

i also have a prettymuch multi book out so i hope you guys will like that and check it out. casting calls are still going on for that book so feel free. same with the other just go to my profile.

i hopes you enjoyed this chapter and next one will be up soon !