eight !

IT WAS A DAY to dread.

Monday, of course

Everyone hates Monday's. I especially hate this Monday. Today it decided to be freezing in Crestmont. What's wrong with that? I forgot a jacket because I was being rushed.

As I walked into the school freezing cold and head to my locker I'm greeted by a brunette. "Hey Hans." I smile at the girl.

"Hey, aren't you cold?" She noticed that I wasn't wearing a jacket.

"Yes I am very much." I open my locker and start taking out books for my first few classes.

"Hey Hannah!" I hear my best friend as she walked up to Hannah and I. Hannah replied back and Carolina got to talking. "Aren't you cold?"

"Like I told Hannah, yes." I said to my best friend. Oh this better not be going on all day. Before I knew it, with my luck, Jess and Justin walked over.

Hannah left saying see you later as she walked off. Jess started talking to us about something that happened in her weekend as I closed my locker. Shit. I just seriously didn't even grab those books. I start putting in my combination until getting interrupted.

"Dillon, are you cold?" I pull the lock seeing that it doesn't open I look at Justin who asked. I rolled my eyes letting out a frustrated growl as I replied with a yes.

I continued to mess up my combination to my locker becoming more agitated by the minute.

"Hey guys." I hear Scott say. "Are you cold?"

I pull one more time at my locker before banging my head on the locker lightly a couple of times. "For the last time, oh my god, yes! I'm fucking cold!" I mumbled.

"That's our cue to go." Justin and Jeff walked off.

"I'll be at my own locker." Carolina smiles.

"What's your combination?" He asked me as I moved out his way. I gave him my combination as I crossed my arms over my chest. Today just has to be a bad Monday. I mean, they're already as bad as it is, but dang what's up today.

I look up from the ground seeing that he's got my locker open. I thanked him with a small smile as I actually grabbed my books this time.

"Oh and here." I look at the boy as he hands me his letterman jacket. I opened my mouth to protest, but I guess he was one step ahead of me, "I'm not taking it back by the way. Just keep it."

Without saying anything back I put on his jacket which was a little bigger than me. The end of the sleeves hung a little over my fingers. I adjusted the some so I could put my books in my bag. Once I do so I put my bag on my shoulders and the two of us start walking.

"So, I think my mom loves you more than she loves me. Kinda hurts since she actually talked to you this weekend." I laughed as I looked at him.

"She's a great cook. Maybe that's why she loves me more. I don't think I've tasted anything better than her lasagna." He joked pushing me a little. I scoffed at him for his comment.

"Everyone loves it, she's a great cook, especially with that." I shrugged. Most people do love her cooking, I don't blame them. I'm always craving whatever she makes, all the time.

"Got that right." He gave me a grin before we took a stop.

"Well bye Scotty see you at lunch." I walked in the doorway of the classroom. "Wait, is your class anywhere down here?"

"Nope, bye Dill." He said walking off.

I shake my head with a chuckle as I walk to my seat in the classroom. I saw that Carolina, Jess, Justin, and Monty were in their seats. I take my bag off my shoulders and sit it on the floor as I take my seat next to Carolina.

"Where did that come from?" Carolina asked. It took a moment for me to see what she was talking about before it was about the jacket.

"Oh it's Scott's." I said with a small smile on my face.

"Scotty's finally making moves." Monty laughs while he turns to Justin. I roll my eyes as Jess starts talking.

"About fucking time something happens between you two." Jess also laughed earning a glare from me.

"Yeah come one it's taking you guys longer than it took Monty and Carolina to confess their love for each other." Justin said. Monty punched Justin hard on the arm while Carolina flipped him off.

"Shut up you guys, we're just friends." I turned around from facing the two boys.

"That's what they all say, Dill." Carolina chuckled as she, too, turned around to face the front when the bell rang.

-----

The day seemed to be going slower than usual. The bell had finally rang for lunch signaling that the day was halfway over. I was already in the line getting my food that I probably wouldn't end up eating.

I take a seat with my friends as I stared at my food. I was deciding on if I really wanted to eat, but did anyways as I put a fry in my mouth as I started talking about something that happened in class.

"Anyone else thirsty?" Alex asked our group of friends.

"Of course Alex, these fries are literally as dry as your dms." I laughed at the joke as did the others other thank Alex as he looked at me. "Oh come on Standall, I was only joking."

"Watch yourself Atkins." He laughed throwing a fry at me.

"What's up?" Everyone sitting down turned their attention to Montgomery who sat down next to Carolina.

"Hey De La Cruz." I said putting another fry in my mouth.

"Why are you the only one that calls me that?" He asked as he took food off of Carolinas plate. She slapped his hand while scolding him.

"I don't know. It's unique I guess." I shrugged my shoulders. I felt the presence of someone sitting next to me and I take notice of who it was. "Oh my god, can I have some?"

I pointed at his drink that he had set down on the table. He pushed his drink towards me and I gladly took a few sips out of it tasting the refreshing coffee. I pushed it back to him, thanking him as he took it back and took a sip.

"You guys might as well be kissing now." Jess said hinting from the talk we had in first period. I roll my eyes at the girl and pushed my plate away knowing it was empty by now.

"Yeah, first the jacket and now sharing drinks. What did we talk about in first?" Justin added to his girlfriends comment. I set my head in my hands not wanting to talk.

"What did you guys talk about in first?" Scotty asked looking at me. Oh, that's nice.

"Nothing."

"Something! We talked about how you're finally making moves." Carolina answered his question. Is everyone against me now? It seems like it.

"Oh come on Dill. Lighten up, they're just joking." Scotty wrapped an arm around my shoulders bringing me closer.

"Right." I mumbled.

The rest of the day had passed by slowly as it had started. Once I was home, I went straight to my room and laid down. I was beat. I felt like I could sleep for days.

I took my shoes off and my socks feeling relieved that my feet can breathe. I also changed from pants into grey sweatpants. I took off Scott's jacket, which I forgot I had.

When should I give that back? Maybe tomorrow. I'll ask him later.

I set it down on my chair, hanging it on the back of it and I change my shirt to a white tank top with lace. I laid back down in bed. I went on my phone scrolling through instagram and liking every picture without really looking at it if I didn't know them.

Once I got bored of that I put in music and got comfortable in my bed. I decided that taking a nap would feel really good right now so I turned on my side and closed my eyes listening to my music.

For some reason I couldn't help but look at the blue and beige jacket that hung over my chair before closing them once more.