Chapter 8

Unexpected

Birds were chirping once the morning came in, the sun shone on my bedside and lit up my room. I stirred and rolled over to my other side, clutching Freddie tighter.

"Swift, wake up, sweetie. Time for another day of Jamaa Academy." My mom said after opening my door, my ears perked up at the school's name and literally jumped down my bed in excitement. The wristband's crystal started glowing because of my excitement. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, mom. I'm excited to see what another day holds." I said while wagging my tail, my mom smiled and gestured for me to get ready for breakfast.

I went to my bathroom to fix myself up, said bye to Freddie, then went down for breakfast. My dad, as usual, was drinking some coffee while watching the news with his cereal. His ears perked up when he heard me.

"Good morning, Swift. Slept well?" He asked.

"Yes, dad. I'm excited for another day." I said, my dad stiffened a little but shook it off. Maybe it was because of yesterday's events.

My mom handed me my favorite cereal in a bowl and a glass of milk, I happily ate my cereal and accidentally got milk around my snout. My mom wiped it off with a chuckle.

"You're really excited, huh?" My mom commented while finishing her sandwich.

"Mhmm!" I said with cereal in stuffed in my mouth then swallowed it, "I wonder if my friends, Izzy and Jake are waiting for me." I said and smiled again when I remembered them.

"Who are Jake and Izzy?" My dad asked, his ears peeking up from curiosity.

"They're my new friends!" I exclaimed happily, my dad smiled again but there was something in that smile that I couldn't quite read. We heard a honk from outside. "There's your bus, have a great day!" My dad exclaimed.

My mom gave me my bag and nuzzled me, "Have a good day, sweetie." She said softly, I nodded, waved, and ran to the door and into the bus.

"Another crazy ride. Crazy, ride." I said to myself, chuckling.

Later...

I immediately started looking for Izzy and Jake, crowds of students were everywhere. I kept searching until...

"SWIFT!" I was suddenly tackled in a hug by Izzy, "WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Izzy exclaimed, Jake ran up to me and joined in the hug.

"I missed you guys too!" I exclaimed despite me almost choking. They pulled away with huge smiles on their faces.

"Jake couldn't stop rambling about how he missed you." Izzy rolled her eyes playfully, Jake reddened and looked away,

"S-Shut up!" He stuttered. I giggled at how cute he looked. Jake huffed but I know it's just because he's flustered.

"Anyways, should we go to our classes?" I suggested, they nodded and we finally went to our classes.

Meanwhile...

Hunter watched carefully from afar, he gritted his teeth as he watched the students. His paws were glowing black auras with his hateful, glaring eyes shooting daggers at the school.

"Once I get this over with, my master would finally stop commanding me around and leave me in peace." Hunter grumbled, preparing his spell to use against Swift.

"HUNTER!" Hunter winced a little at the sudden shout, he groaned mentally but went to his master anyway.

"Yes, master?" Hunter asked. He suddenly met a claw to his face and yelped.

"You're going slow! Why aren't you befriending the fox yet?!" The master demanded impatiently, Hunter groaned in pain but kept his posture.

"S-Sir, it's day and I'll be seen!" Hunter exclaimed, he met another hit to his face but it was less painful. Hunter panted a little. "I-I promise I'll go later tonight."

"You better. Do not fail me." His master grumbled angrily and sat again at its throne, Hunter nodded with slight fear and exited the room.

Back To Swift...

In the middle of teaching, I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach that made my wristband glow. Sir Viz stopped mid-sentence and looked at me.

"Something wrong, Swift?" He asked, I shook my head slowly. "Are you sure?" Sir Viz asked again, I nodded quickly. He took one last glance at me before continuing with the lesson.

Time Skip To The End Of School...

"See ya guys tomorrow." I said, still with the uneasy feeling. Jake and Izzy waved again before I left to the bus again.

Suddenly, I felt like someone was watching me. My ears perked up in alarm, the students who were in the bus suddenly collapsed into unconsciousness with the bus driver as a black aura surrounded them. I gulped in nervousness.

Suddenly, a black aura surrounded me and made me feel dizzy. My vision started to become blurred, I collapsed on the ground and the last thing I heard was...

Izzy and Jake's screams of my name and someone's evil laugh before I blacked out...

To Be Continued...