Chapter 29

Breaking Point

Morning...

The sun shone on Jamaa Academy as it rose in the horizon, the sky was a nice shade of orange with a mix of yellow and pink, the clouds blended in with the sky's color. The sunlight passed through the curtains of the Quarters, illuminating the room where the group slept peacefully in, nobody got up just yet. Though, the warm atmosphere the sun's light made was enough to stir Jake awake.

He opened his yellow eyes slowly as he tried to adjust to the brightness, he finally opened them and looked around. The rest were still asleep, snoozing peacefully. Guess we were all exhausted He thought and sat up, he didn't exactly remember where he slept or who he slept with, but the light gray bundle of fur proves that he slept with Swift. Or.. did he?

Did she sleep beside me or did I sleep beside her? Jake thought, blushing a little. Swift stirred in her sleep and snuggled closer to Jake's soft brown fur, he smiled softly at her. He put his blanket over Swift and stood up quietly, not wanting to wake up the rest. He opened the door, it creaked as he did so, when it was wide enough, he walked out and shut the door behind him. The corridors were empty, since it was so early he figured no students would be entering anytime soon.

He yawned and stretched, trying to shake off his sleepiness. He shook his fur to try and make it less ruffled, and even blinked a couple times to wake himself up. Once he was satisfied, he walked towards the school's cafeteria, it was empty as well. He decided to grab a few snacks from the food fridge.

"Hungry?"

He almost jumped when he heard Sir Landon's voice, he turned around to see Sir Landon wearing a chef's hat. Jake calmed himself down.

"Yeah.. I guess I could eat." Jake said, sheepishly putting back the snacks. Sir Landon gestured for him to follow.

"Come on then, join us for breakfast." Sir Landon smiled, Jake suddenly remembered the others.

"Should I wake up the others first?" Jake asked.

"Sure, when everyone's awake come to Ms. Lilian's classroom." Sir Landon said and walked towards the kitchen of the cafeteria, "I'll be making breakfast for everyone." He said before closing the metal door behind him, Jake skipped back towards the Quarters, opened the door and looked over everyone else.

"Guys, wake up, breakfast." Jake called, nobody even flinched. "Guys. Breakfast time." He said, a little louder this time. He laid his ears back slightly in annoyance. "Guys. Wake up. Now."

"Go away.." Izzy sleepily mumbled and turned over her side, Jake huffed silently. Clearly, this wasn't working. He sat down and started thinking, then a sinister idea popped in his head. Heheheh... Jake laughed evilly and ran out the room with his lightning speed.

...

Jake smiled evilly as he was rubbing his paws together, looking up at his pet dragon, a Luminescent dragon he calls Nitro. His dragon looked at him curiously, obviously not knowing what's going on,

"You're going to roar to wake them up, Nitro. Got it? But not too loud." Jake whispered to his dragon, Nitro slowly nodded and prepared to roar. Jake covered his right ear, "Three.. two.. one.. go!" Then he covered both his ears.

Nitro inhaled then roared loudly.

"AHHHHH!" Everyone yelled. Izzy bumped into Vivian who was scrambling around, Kyle and Swift bumped into walls, while Isabella and Laika bumped into everyone else, creating a small pile. Jake couldn't contain his laughter at everyone's reactions.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Jake rolled on the ground, clutching his stomach as he laughed wholeheartedly. Everyone else groaned in both pain and annoyance at him, until Jake's laughter died down. He wiped an imaginary tear and exhaled. "That was priceless."