Chapter 11

Another Day In Paradise

Once we entered Jamaa Academy, I saw a huge group of students gathered around in the corridor. My eyes sparkled with curiosity and I looked at my friends.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, Jake rolled his eyes at the crowd.

"No occasion. It's just a group crowded around the most popular guy in the school." Izzy muttered, I take another look at the crowd.

"Who's the 'most popular guy in the school'?" I asked again, going a little closer to the crowd. Jake blocked my way though with his paw.

"His name is Kyle, aside from being the most popular guy, he's one of the richest." Izzy explained while rolling her eyes at Jake's paw blocking my way, I nodded in understanding.

"Believe me. He's too cocky for his own good." Jake groaned, flicking his tail in annoyance. Suddenly, the crowd walked to the sides, most of which being girls. I rolled my eyes at how cliché that looked, I finally got a look of Kyle.

He had a slightly dark orange fur coat, with black spots surrounding it. He was wearing a black spike and wristband, then finally, an orange Special Protector group headdress. Once he laid his eyes on us, he smirked.

"Well, well, well. What a surprise." He said, darting his eyes from Izzy, Jake then to me. "I assume she's one of the new ones?"

"Leave us alone, Kyle." Izzy growled, venom dripping from her voice. Kyle laughed a little.

"Aw come on, Izzy, remember our good times?" Kyle smirked more, emphasising 'good'. Jake bared his teeth at Kyle.

"Don't remember them." Izzy growled, narrowing her eyes full of hatred, I was a bit confused but put my questions aside for now. Kyle flicked his tail and took a look at some girls then back to Izzy. "Have fun with your girl toys." Izzy muttered, making Kyle's eyes widen a little and the girls to gasp and glare. Izzy turned around and walked away slowly, me and Jake slowly followed her.

"Um.." I tried to say, Izzy looked at me with a softer expression, though a frown was on her face, "What was that?" I asked quietly.

After a moment of silence, Jake sighed and decided to explain, but looked at Izzy for silent permission. "Kyle was Izzy's old boyfriend."

My eyes widened and I looked at the crowd from afar, "Boyfriend?" I asked, surprised. Jake nodded and patted Izzy's shoulder. "He's too cocky as a boyfriend." I whispered.

"That's what I said." Jake muttered and looked at Izzy, who was glaring.

"How is he part of the Special Protectors?" I asked, too many questions are in my head.

"Well, his father was an old principal, so he put Kyle in the Special Protectors because that was one of Kyle's dreams as a pup. But, he started becoming cocky because of the position in school." Izzy explained, still with venom in her voice. I slowly nodded in understanding.

"O-kay, so, that's how you two met?" I asked.

"Pretty much." Izzy shrugged. "Can we stop the conversation? I hate talking about him." Izzy asked, I nodded and when Izzy was a few feet away from me and Jake, I whispered something to him.

"Did something happen between the two of them?" I asked, Jake sighed and nodded.

"Well, Kyle cheated on her one day and well, she didn't handle the break up very well." He said, ears drooping a little. I felt a bit of pain, handling a break up wasn't easy.. "She had little emotional control before, so she cried for a week until me and my mom took her here to the healer." Jake added, looking at Izzy sadly.

"I'm.. so sorry.." I mumbled, feeling bad. "It must've been hard for you and her." I added. He gave a small smile then nuzzled my cheek.

"It's fine, Swift. At least she's okay now." Jake said and we caught up to Izzy, who stopped in front of the door of the Hall Of Teachers.

"What's up, Iz?" I asked, standing beside her. She didn't look away from the door.

"I still wonder why they banned us from going in here." Izzy said, in some sort of trance. "Everything was alright. But.. after that day, things went south for this room." Izzy emphasised 'that'. I got curious again, but this time, kept the questions aside.

"Ms. Jakarie was the one who banned everyone to enter this room, out of anger may I add." Jake explained, Ms. Jakarie? So, a teacher banned them..

"A teacher banned you all? Aren't only the principal and higher authorities only allowed to?"

Jake and Izzy looked at each other then to me.

"Well, yes but.. she became a principal before she banned us.. as we've heard." Izzy added. Shaking her head, she said, "Let's just go to class..." Izzy said quietly, me and Jake nodded and followed her to the elemental magic section.

...

At the end of the day, Izzy was pretty down, she would talk less than normal. I guess seeing Kyle and remembering the day everyone was banned to go on the Hall Of Teachers made her that way, bad memories...

"Well, see you guys tomorrow.." I said quietly and offered a smile, Jake smiled, a bit sadly while Izzy nodded and managed a small, true smile. While I was nearing the bus outside...

"Psst, Swift.." Someone called quietly, I recognise that voice.. And when I turned around to the source of the voice, my eyes widened like they were about to pop out of their sockets.

"H-Hunter...?" My voice cracked at the sight of him...

To Be Continued...