Chapter 16

Jake's Family

"So, what do you want to do while you're on the weekends?" My mom asked while making her and dad's breakfast, I shrugged and continued eating my cereal.

"I don't know, maybe visit my friends?" I suggested.

"Sounds okay, just don't get yourself into trouble." My mom said, waving her paw up and down. I gulped down my cereal and skipped towards my bedroom, Freddie, as usual, laid on my bed next to my pillow.

"Things have been going smoothly, Freddie, I wonder what else is in for me?" I asked myself out loud, "Beats me. But, anyways, I'm going to my friends' houses for a while. See ya later."

I rushed down the stairs, gave mom and dad a quick peck and said goodbye. When I came out though, I saw two familiar faces already.

"Jake? Izzy? What are you two doing here?" I asked, surprised.

"Well, since it's the weekend, we could stop by at your house." Izzy said, wagging her big, bushy tail. I smiled.

"We can stop by at my house for a while." Jake suggested, "My mom said I'll have another little sister soon." He said, smiling.

"Wish I had a little sibling." I mumbled, ears folding back. Izzy's paw wrapped around my shoulders all of a sudden.

"Don't worry, Swift. You're kinda lucky not to have a bossy, big brother." Izzy cringed, dragging the word 'kinda.'

Jake rolled his eyes at Izzy, "Anyways, let's stop by my house for a while, yeah?" We both nodded. Jake led the way to his house, his house was huge! The outside decorated with flowers and statues here and there.

"Nice house, Jake." I commented, smiling.

"Thanks, Swift." He smiled, blushing a little. He opened the door, the smell of pancakes filled my nose and it made me feel hungry. "Mom! Dad! I'm back with some friends!" Jake hollered, I heard little paw steps and two little brown foxes tackled Jake to the ground, he fell down with an 'oof'.

"Big bro!" They exclaimed. How cute!

"Hey, Jordan and Angel! I brought Izzy and a friend over." Jake chuckled, petting their little heads.

"Izzy!" They exclaimed, hugging Izzy's legs. Izzy smiled.

"Nice to see you too guys, your big brother brought another friend, or should I say...-" Izzy was cut off by Jake's paw over her mouth, "MMPHHH!"

"Ssh!" Jake hissed. "Anyways you two, meet Swift, another friend of mine." Jake said, gesturing a paw to me.

The two little foxes looked at me in curiosity, the little girl suddenly exclaimed, "Pretty!"

I blushed a little, the little boy walked over to me and then looked at Jake, "This who you talking about, big bro?"

(Oml what a cute, innocent kid XD.)

I looked at Jake with a confused face, "What's he talking about..?"

Jake's eyes widened and his cheeks reddened, "Uh, uh.. JORDAN-!" He stuttered, the little fox, Jordan, shrugged innocently. The little girl fox kept tugging on my tail to get my attention.

"Big bro! She pretty!" She exclaimed. "Can she be big sister?"

"Yeah Jake, can she be-"

"Izzy! Nice of you to come over again!" A female voice called, we turned around to see who I assumed was Jake's mom. She was preparing pancakes on the table, "Oh, sweetie, who's this?" She asked, pointing to me.

"That's S-Swift, another f-friend." Jake stuttered, still blushing a little.

"O-kay then sweetie. Hopefully she likes pancakes?" She said, smiling.

"Oh, I do, ma'am. Thank you." I said respectfully, smiling back. "Excuse me, I can't keep thinking of how cute these little guys are!" I said, patting the heads of the two.

"Oh, those are Jake's little siblings, Angel and Jordan. Angel seems to like you already, honey." She chuckled, talking about the little fox still tugging on my tail.

"Sure looks like it, ma'am." I laughed. "You have good siblings, Jake." I said, winking.

And with that, Jake fainted.

Later...

After we ate pancakes and some conversations with Jake's family, I already feel comfortable with them, especially Jake's mom and Angel, she was a little sweetheart. Right now, we're in her room, she was actually very artistic and creative at her age.

"Swift! Flower cwown!" Angel squeaked, biting on a flower crown, made by herself.

"It looks pretty!" I smiled, trying it on, removing my double bow. "It fits perfectly."

"I have one too! Am I pretty?" She asked, hopping up and down.

"You were already pretty, Angel." I laughed, she hugged my leg in affection. I smiled and nuzzled her forehead. I looked outside the window, frowning when I saw the sun about to set. "Sorry, Angel, I have to go."

"What? No! No leave!" She cried, "You stay!" She pouted.

"I'm sorry, I'll visit again tomorrow, okay?"

"Promise?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"Promise." I smiled. She hugged me for the last time for the day, before I left I took the flower crown with me. I said goodbye to the rest of the family, then proceeded to go home with Jake and Izzy. "What a day." I chuckled.

"Tell me about it! Your house really is fun, Jake." Izzy commented.

"Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Looks like Angel really does like you, Swift." Jake said.

"Yeah, she's like the sister I never had." I said, looking at the flower crown still on my head.

We finally arrived at my house, "See you guys soon." I said, hugged both of them and went inside.

Author's POV

While Swift was sleeping, she was smiling, having a warm feeling in her heart as she thought about little Angel. She would surely visit more often to see her and eat more of Jake's mom's pancakes.

Beside Freddie's usual spot in her bed, was the beloved flower crown, forever staying in her heart.

To Be Continued...

Ahh, another chapter finished. I think the ending was really cute.