Chapter 26

The Start Of The Storm Part Three

Swift's POV

"Jake?" I whispered, he was wearing his armor that the teachers gave us. "What.. are you doing here? And how did you find us?" I asked again, Jake shushed me and gestured towards a bush, then I realized it was the rest of the small group that was assigned to check Sarepia Forest.

"We followed you, it was very risky to go alone, especially at night." Jake said seriously. I looked away from him, "We brought your equipment, you guys can go ahead, I can bring Aurora back." Jake ordered.

"Okay.." I murmured quietly, I walked over to Aurora and pet her nose gently. "Be good to Jake, okay?" Aurora nodded and growled softly, Jake mounted her saddle and they took off into the sky, I watched them and sighed.

"We gonna go or just star gaze all night?" Laika's impatient voice startled me, I glared at her and she flinched. Kyle nudged her as a warning, Laika rolled her eyes and walked into the forest. Everyone else started following, I looked back at where the glowing was, but the glow was gone. I turned towards the direction everyone was going to after a while.

A Few Minutes Later...

So far, we haven't seen too much Corruptors in the area. Which was strange since the Alphas told us there were some seen around here, the sound of a twig break startled all of us, we looked around to find nothing.

"What was that?" Kyle asked, breaking the silence.

Nobody answered however, more sounds were heard and we eventually formed a defensive circle. Our powers at the ready, when a bush started rustling we prepared for the blast-

"Hey guys-"

We all fired at once, but realized too late that it was just Jake, he looked at us with wide eyes then he fainted. His fur was covered in smoke and was drenched from my powers.

"...Oops." Izzy yelped.

...

"I can't believe you guys did that." Jake muttered, his head hung low as he shook the smoke from his fur. I smiled apologetically. "I wasn't even a threat!"

"Geez, we're sorry dude." Laika rolled her eyes, Jake scowled at her quietly and continued on his way. We all came across a huge hole that looked very deep, the only way was over the hole. We all gulped in nervousness.

"Um.. How can we get over..?" Isabella asked, breaking the silence. I looked around for any possible solutions, until I spotted a huge and tall tree trunk, it looked old but sturdy enough.

"Hey, how about that tree trunk?" I pointed to it, everyone else looked, "If we can knock it over the hole, we might be able to walk across it."

"Not a bad idea." Vivian agreed, so it was settled. We all gathered behind the tree, "On the count of three, we hit the tree with our powers to knock it down, but not too strong to break it." Vivian said, we nodded. "One.. Two.. Three!"

We all shot at once and the explosion cause a lot of smoke, the tree's roots gave up and the tree fell down and luckily didn't break. It was long enough to act as a bridge over the hole. We cheered in victory.

"Okay, let's go one by one, be careful though. The tree won't hold very long." Jake warned, he was the first to walk over, the tree dipped down a little at Jake's weight but he managed to walk over the hole. "Come on, guys!"

Isabella went next then Laika, Kyle, Izzy, Vivian, then lastly me. I stepped slowly on the tree and stopped in panic when a crack appeared, I looked fearfully at the rest on the other side. I tried walking again, but a bigger crack appeared. I suddenly heard a loud growl behind me, my fur rose as I saw a Corruptor with its fangs bared.

"Swift!" Everyone exclaimed in panic, I gulped and started scrambling to the end, but the tree kept cracking. The Corruptor growled and flew after me, when there were too many cracks the tree snapped! I held onto the edge of a rock dangling over the edge, I shivered in fear when the Corruptor came closer.

Jake suddenly looked up to see lots of branches and rocks over us, just on top of some big rocks. "Guys! Hit the rocks!" He ordered and everyone shot down the rocks, the rock tower slowly tipped over and the Corruptor was brought down by the rocks and I lost my grip...

Jake grabbed my paw as he dangled over the edge, he was held by Izzy who was held by the tail by everyone else. I was slowly pulled up and when I reached the top I sighed in relief.

"Are you okay, Swift?" Jake asked worriedly, checking for any injuries.

"I-I'm fine.. Thanks for the save." I smiled and hugged him, Jake blushed and hugged back. Izzy, Vivian and Isabella had wide smiles on their faces the whole mission after that.

To Be Continued...