Chapter 32

The Truth Unfolds

Author's POV

As Swift was walking in front of the group, she couldn't help but feel betrayed and devastated at the same time. Firstly, she couldn't believe that her dad lied to her and tried to cover his tracks, and secondly she couldn't believe her real mom was dead. A shadow formed over her eyes as her head was hung low, her tail was hanging low as well. Jake and the others didn't speak to her, yet, since they knew she needed space, especially her father.

You can't look down on your father forever, young Swift Kira said in Swift's head, Swift let out a deep sigh. Your father never wanted you to feel this pain, that's the reason he covered it with lies

He couldn't even be honest with me.. Swift thought in her head, replying to Kira.

Your father loves you very much, he has his reasons for lying to you, just know he did it out of his love Kira explained, leaving Swift thinking very deeply after her voice faded.

Meanwhile...

Kyle, Laika and Vivian all went to Sarepia Forest where more chaos is happening. They fought off Corruptors and sent the jammers to a safe place, sweat was on their foreheads from all the action and when the area was clear enough, they sat down to rest. All panting heavily.

"How many do you think are there?" Laika asked out loud, looking up to see more black dots floating around the sky, heading to different directions.

"I'm guessing thousands.." Vivian answered tiredly, wiping her forehead. "And I'm estimating we've only fought around a hundred or less..."

"Wait." Kyle joined in, getting the girls' attention. "They have a Queen, right?" Kyle asked. The girls nodded. "So that means the Queen controls their every move, we have to take out the Queen, the Corruptors wouldn't know what to do next." Kyle explained.

"That's a plan, but.. how will we find and kill her?" Laika asked. Kyle started thinking, but they were cut off by new Corruptors surrounding them all, the three created a circle and prepared their powers for another battle.

"Let's think about that later." Vivian said, eyeing the Corruptors.

...

Swift, Jake, Izzy, Hunter and Loki arrived at Jamaa Township again where there were lesser Corruptors than before. They killed all of them in an instant, they scouted the area for any jammers, but luckily there weren't any.

"It looks like this area is a little safer now." Jake said, breaking the silence over the chaos. "But there's still much work to do. This isn't a walk in the park." He added. Everyone except Swift was listening, she was looking up at the sky again, still suspicious of the two figures in the sky. "Swift, you've been looking at the sky for a while, what's wrong?" Jake asked.

"Nothing.." Swift mumbled, looking down. Her ears dropped slightly, "Let's just keep going.." She murmured.

Suddenly, all the Corruptors flew up, going towards the two figures in the sky. Everyone grew suspicious and worried, when all the Corruptors were in the air, the two figures flew down, the animals prepared for the worst and eyed the figures suspiciously. As they were going closer, Swift noticed she, Jake's, Izzy's and the other foxes' paws glowed brighter. But she didn't give it too much attention. When the two figures landed, they finally got a clear view of what they were.

It's.. the Queen! And.. wait.. Swift exclaimed in their link, she saw Hunger move forward to stand in line with them. Anyone know who that fox is? Swift asked.

No.. but he has the Gems! Jake replied. He looks like the one behind all this!

"Well, well, well.. Look what we have here.." The fox said, obviously taunting them, his eyes looked at Hunter angrily. "Hunter, what are you doing with them?" He asked.