Chapter 13

Meet The Parents

After that night, I managed to sleep well without worrying too much about Hunter's wounds. Luckily, they'll just leave quite a sore, but he'll be fine.

I wonder if Izzy's okay...

"What's wrong, sweetie?" My mom asked, concerned. I shook my head unresponsively and went to eat my cereal.

"Swift, is something bothering you?" My dad piped up, I zoned out a little and finished my cereal pretty slowly. My mom and dad looked at each other before walking up to me. "Swift, did something happen?"

"No." I said blankly, pushing my bowl after eating and went to freshen up a little. I sighed loudly and went to hold Freddie. "Oh, Freddie, it's been less then two weeks and things are already getting a little messy." I said sadly, clutching Freddie to my chest.

"Izzy is depressed, Jake's pretty stressed with helping her, and Hunter was hurt because of me." I mumbled, hiding my face into my blanket.

You should be strong. Your friends would hate to see you like this, stand tall and be strong, young fox.

The voice is right. I shouldn't be like this, I actually felt a bit better when I heard those words. I should be strong.

I unburied my face from the blanket and jumped out of bed and shook my head, containing myself. "Be strong, Swift." I whispered to myself and went downstairs. My parents looked at me worriedly.

"Are you sure you're okay, Swift? You could take a day off." My dad suggested, I shook my head and finally, I smiled a little.

"I'm fine, dad. Just kinda shaken from some friend problems I guess." I said, I don't know why, but I think I considered Hunter as a real friend. My parents nodded slowly. "See you guys, tonight."

"Wait, wait, Swift!" My dad called, I turned around. "Could we see your friends?" He asked, I thought for a moment before nodding. "Alright! Bye!"

"Bye." I said and hopped on the bus.

At Jamaa Academy...

"Jake? Izzy?" I tried calling, looking around for my two friends. "You guys anywhere?"

My search was pretty fruitless so I just decided to go to class, they might be there. When I entered the class, everyone else was there, but no sight of Jake and Izzy. Where are they?

"Hey, Swift!" Trike greeted, hopping over to me.

"Oh, hey." I greeted and smiled a little.

"Are you okay? You look like you're looking for someone." Trike said, tilting his head to the side.

"Not really. I can't find Jake and Izzy, did you see them?"

Trike shook his head, "Sorry, I didn't see them come in here." I sighed loudly.

"I guess I'll go do the day without them." I whimpered quietly and went to Sir Viz, who was teaching another bunny how to use her water powers properly. "Hello, Sir Viz." I greeted.

"Oh, Swift. Right on time." Sir Viz said, "I was just teaching Luna how to control water." He gestured to the small, shy bunny.

"Hello. I'm Swift." I said kindly, offering a smile to her. She waved shyly. "She's cute." I cooed.

"Yes. Now, let's proceed to training." Sir Viz said.

"Training? What training?" I asked, catching up with him.

"Since you've been showing pretty good progress, we're gonna see if you can use your powers with a quick response to danger. But, here it's not real danger, it's just some projectiles being thrown at you." Sir Viz explained, I nodded and stared down at my wristband. It was glowing faint blue.